View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Morning all, pleased to hear all that have reported in are safe and sound and hope missey Dogsey peeps report in soon!

Blummin freezing here, -7 last night and not warming through the day either, hard frost for a week or so, no snow here either which is a shame as it would have stuck around and been pretty!!

Lovely lovely lovely Friday has arrived!!! and then a weekend of not many plans!

Daisy chewed her paw on Monday so was limping around on 3 feet, so we have had very boring quiet walks this week, it is healing and she has stopped fussing it, but she can't seem to do any off roading at the moment, so paved trails only!! bummer!!!

Stay safe everyone and have a great day xxxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Hello DD nice to see you! Sorry to hear about Daisy. Is this an old injury she keeps worrying?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Hello DD nice to see you! Sorry to hear about Daisy. Is this an old injury she keeps worrying?
NO, I am not 100% sure what happened, I wonder if after her walk her feet were cold, then came into the warmth and they itched???? and anyway she chewed it and ripped a patch on her pad, and then it was very sore... I made her wear a sock for a day, she wasn't impressed
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 02:51 PM
I found the info here Pat:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/junior-isa

It's okay if the child was born on or after 3 January 2011, so hopefully you will be okay?

That street in Torbay - I remember reading that! Scary stuff!

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Danger of clifftop houses in UK is well known. These aren't the first to fall off or slide off the cliffs. And it doesn't take storms to do it either. Insurance companies won't touch 'em.

Heres a bit about a quite famous street of them where I used to live in Torbay
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ety-fears.html

As for the Junior ISA? I went into the bank and they didn't tell me about these cut off dates! I believe they called it a YOUNG PERSON ISA. My granddaughter was born in 2011.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Love the decs Pat.
Afternoon Moyra.
Afternoon DD poor Daisy.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Afternoon all.
Glad to hear everyone is still in one piece after the storms.
I've just come back from the vets with Taffy. Yesterday he was driving himself mad - scratching & biting anything he could reach. Running up & down against the fence outside trying to ease the itching. Rolling in the leaves in the park & generally obviously feeling quite uncomfortable. I gave him a good brushing to try to ease it but it didn't help. Last night I gave him a bath with Dettol - still the same. My rug looked like a grooming parlour with all the clumps of hair on it, had to hoover up 3 times The kitchen was the same this morning & his bed was in the middle of the room so he'd obviously been scratching all night. He started again this morning so I made an appointment cos I didn't want it to carry on all over the weekend. Of course as soon as I got off the phone he more or less stopped scratching .
The vet examined him, checked his anal glands & checked for fleas - both ok. She did find a bald patch on his back leg where he had been biting though. Anyway she gave him a steroid injection & tablets for 10 days & antibiotics for 10 days.
Hope he settles down now.
It's going very dark here. OH says it's trying to rain.
I suppose I had better go & tackle the dreaded ironing now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Afternoon Lynne poor Taff I hope he feels better soon.
Dark here too and we have had some spots of rain.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Had a great day with mum,she's such a laugh Popped into the optician's while we were there and ordered her new glasses..she's well happy Spotted a gorgeous coat for oldest,didn't have it in her size so I'm off again tonight to pick it up from another store!!Bet OH will be delighted to hear we're going shopping when he gets home Nearest big shopping center is 10 miles away,maybe have our tea while we're out
Love the Cream Santa PAT,looks very welcoming
Managed to fix my deco's this morning along with shifting the lorry load of leaves that had taken up residence of the drive Place looks less like a war-zone now after the high winds
Lacey isn't happy about being left all day need to take her out for a bit of a run,then I'll get peace to enjoy a coffee
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Finally sat down for a while now, until teas t 6pm that is.
Only just done afternoon tea for Mabs half an hour ago, so I am in her Bad Books, she likes it around 3pm
Wondering if all the itchy paws etc are to do with salt on the roads and paths, I know its a mix of salt and something else.
I'm having a cup of tea and 2 mini chocolate croissants (courtesy of Asda Casualty lol) and having a catch up, although been popping in and out all day when I've a minute, and there hasn't been a lot of them thats for sure
Heres todays Daily Fix
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Gorgeous pic of mum and baby,love Mabs,she's beautiful
Freezing here like snow is coming Need to take the princess to get groomed in the morning,she's so scruffy Youngest volunteered to take her out so happy days
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >