Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Okey done June. Griff and losos, antibiotics can cause lake of appetite so feed smaller meals that have a high aroma. Turkey is one meat that has a good smell when warm. Had to use it for two of my collies when they had nose problems.
Brenda, thank you. My butcher once supplied me with turkey wings but then his supplier doubled the price

As it happens I asked him two weeks ago if he could get them in again at a reasonable price, he hasn't phoned me so I suppose I shall have to chase him.

I will let you know the outcome and thanks again for the information.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
just then the guy comes out and nearly has a major heart attack when he sees me he went Oh Sh!t, I apologised and explained and went back to mine. Am now wondering what the guy is up to as it seems to be paperwork,
Rather than the fire brigade I would suggest maybe the Inland Revenue
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Harvey - that's a strange thing to say - men in long robes wearing dog collars waiting to give me the last rites. Well, by way of clearing things up I will say that although I have some strange tastes a preponderance towards the male of the species wearing either ecclesiastical attire or dog walking equipment, is most definitely NOT amongst them!
Well she did make reference to the Clergy and I did say that I hoped you weren't going to leave us just yet
Yes it was just a typo................I should have ignored it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Yeah Harvey, well weird, he had a bobble hat on, a waterproof jacket and shorts, and skinny white legs never seen him before, or if I have he was dressed
Why not get some turkey mince and flash fry it and try Casey with it. Turkey wings would have to be raw anyway. There is a guy on ebay selling turkey http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutriment-...cAAOSwAYtWLL9-
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Hope Casey is feeling better, perhaps as you say the tablet mix he is on, is affecting his appetite and it could be a day or two before he's back in full swing.
Brenda said that as well. He's been sleeping most of the day although he did try to get in the car when I went up to the local store, couldn't quite manage it

Tomorrow will be the third day so we will see what happens then. Just a little progress is all we want to see then we can believe that he will get back to his normal self.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yeah Harvey, well weird, he had a bobble hat on, a waterproof jacket and shorts, and skinny white legs never seen him before, or if I have he was dressed
Why not get some turkey mince and flash fry it and try Casey with it. Turkey wings would have to be raw anyway. There is a guy on ebay selling turkey http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutriment-...cAAOSwAYtWLL9-
Thanks for that I will look into it.

A waterproof jacket and shorts in this weather weird like you said

Had to smile at your story of Mabs, I recall when Rianna was very young she would get frightened of silly things, once it was an old bin bag that had blown up into a neighbours tree and was flapping around in the wind. It took me five or so minutes to find out what spooked her as I was of course looking at ground level, not up in the trees
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Hell TW...never mind him sh@#tin his pants...bobble hat, shorts, and waterproof jacket...I would have cacked my pants at that sight lol
Harvey, hope Casey picks up tomorrow... Do you feed raw?? Ash, the lady vet at our practice told me to feed Dex smelly things warmed in the microwave to stimulate his appetite...personally fish makes me gag but I have given him mackarel and sardines and warmed them up and he wolfs them down
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:39 PM
OK time for my bed I think. Goodnight to all of you, sweet dreams, see you tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
.. Do you feed raw?? Ash, the lady vet at our practice told me to feed Dex smelly things warmed in the microwave to stimulate his appetite...personally fish makes me gag but I have given him mackarel and sardines and warmed them up and he wolfs them down
Some raw, but OH has a 'thing' about raw meat so she usually cooks stuff. I'll try the 'smelliest' things I can find tomorrow and let you know. Warmed up sardines hmmmm that would be smelly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Nite Harvey, hugs to Casey and hoping he's better tomorrow.
LOL Griff, it was a sight for sore eyes, but at the time more concerned that he wasn't setting the lot of us on fire!!!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >