Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by sutty
lol, welcome to my world.at my age, its not just the 3 am pee, its crossing your legs when you sneeze too lol.

Same here , on BOTH counts I think I must be tena lady's dream LOL

Oh and before anyone says anything ..I *did* do all my postnatal exercises after each of my 5 children

I don't drink coffee after about 5pm and generally go to bed at 10.30-11. I will go several weeks managing to sleep through and will then have several weeks where I have to get up and pee at about 2-3am
kameo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-11-2005, 07:19 PM
What abput

"Ladies who Clench" (in desparation)

Kameo
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I used to suffer this problem, getting up three times a night and then things got worse, I could`t even walk to work without desperately wanting a pee. I went to my doctor in the end and I did have an infection. I can now sleep right through the night no problems, as long as I don't have a drink just before bed. Also tea and coffee and juice make you pee, water is best.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 01:46 PM
I dont have this problem, but when I was pregnant I was needing a pee 3 or 4 times in the night and I was advised to put a few pillows under my hips, whats supposed to happen is it tilts your bladder and the water inside doesn't press on the muscle which makes u feel like you want a pee, (unless of course you REALLY need a pee)
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by random
I dont have this problem, but when I was pregnant I was needing a pee 3 or 4 times in the night and I was advised to put a few pillows under my hips, whats supposed to happen is it tilts your bladder and the water inside doesn't press on the muscle which makes u feel like you want a pee, (unless of course you REALLY need a pee)
I was the same when I was pregnant - damn annoying. I hate having my beauty sleep disturbed so I can totally sympathise
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 05:18 PM
I agree with the water thingy - I've started drinking just water from 5pm onwards and it's actually helping......YAY! However, this morning's pee at 0430 woke "the boy" up and we then had to go for our first walk at quarter to bl**dy five!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2005, 05:52 PM
It ain't just the ladies, I've had a phase of this as well! Up at 3 a.m., get back to bed and try to get another hour of kip before the Border Boys start shouting! This is worst in summer because the sun rises very early here, and, of course, the BCs have to tell us all about it. If they're awake, we have to be, too This is when they learn all that "bad language"! There are two doors between the dogs and us, so we can't even throw slippers at them!

All I have to do these days is think about washing dishes, and I have to hobble in top gear!

Snorri
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2005, 06:08 PM
lol @ snorri
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Ah! but in my experience there is a difference, Gentlemen can't go and Ladies can't stop
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2005, 07:02 PM
When I started my "phase" of this, I had all sorts of worries about what was causing it (could have been one of several nasties), but it turned out to be a side-effect of the medication I was taking for my arthritic hips. When it transpired that this particular NSAID was dangerous in other ways (Diclofenac, a.k.a. voltarol), it was changed. The new stuff isn't as good for the joints, but the night-time loo visits dropped off dramatically!

If you are taking any kind of long-term medication, check the patient information leaflet - meds can have this effect.

Of course, it may just be that, like me, you're past your sell-by date

Snorri
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >