Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Edna birch has died (emmerdale) how sad (the lady in real life)
mus just been out with her mates and one of them has now been told he has a brain tumour...poor geezer has been through so much already brain heamorage and epilepsy
I'd read about the lady who played Edna Birch,
Sorry to hear of your mum's friend (( hug))
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Evening All,
Hope you've all had a reasonable day and that the Chrimbo Prep is going according to plan. No one has been driven to throwing themselves on their own holly. lol .
See that Shirley Stelfox has passed away after a battle with cancer. Never saw her on screen but met her in real life and she was an absolutely charming lady. It is a dreadful disease and although bulletins often say we are getting the better of it - there still seem to be a lot of people struck down by it.
Had a busy day today - got done up at home and then went to Manchester for a dental appointment, calling at Oldham on the way back to see to some business of the Mem's. Despite saying that I don't get all christmassed up - it still seems to drag me into it's clutches - whether I want it or not. I am apparently being taken shopping tomorrow - "Oh be still my beating wallet!" The Mem seems quite secretive as regards our destination and/or possible purchases! So I'll just have to grit my teeth and get on with it.
Moyra - you asked about the flying rat-cage - I am still none the wiser but to ensure it doesn't happen again I have secured them by chain to 3 foot metal spikes driven into the ground. It would take a JCB to get the beggars out now! We have a lot of tawney owls, of whom I am very fond (if one excludes some of their noisier nocturnal antics) and the Mem has expounded the theory that one has tried to pounce on a rat in the cage and got it's toes and talons entwined in the heavy galvanised mesh. When it then panicked and took off, this would account for the trap being taken over a 3 foot high gate. May be one of the only possible explanations as to how it got to where it ended up, when it eventually managed to shake off it's unwanted burden. Although I can never really prove just what happened. This looks as if it will have to do! lol !
Back in a bit, bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Well it's hello and goodbye from me tonight. Already yawning and half asleep

Mandy, nice to see you tonight, the young Eileen was lobbying me to get you a different shift so you could be on here more often, wasn't that nice of her Sorry but my influence doesn't extend to that kind of thing, also some decades ago I incurred the wrath of many Personel Directors by quoting an American CEO who said that his company was doing fine until they were persuaded to create a department to deal specifically with employees and named it the 'Human Resources' Dept. allegedly it all went downhill after that
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Thanks Mandy, he really has battled already...apparently his consultant is a complete wazzock who said he was"god" when it came to the op....Bl**dy idiot
Hahaha LG may require a lie down in a darkened room after tomorrow... Never know, you might just be going to visit Santa!!!
Dad now has the lurgy...I will now receive it back in time for Christmas, I tried so hard not to give it him too
No sign of Lacey..must be exhausted after crimbo shopping
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Evening LG just before I log off I just thought that you might be interested in this link. To forget where one of your jumbo jets is parked might be forgiven, but to forget about three of them is not good.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/wh...112803105.html
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Hello and Goodnight Harvey Aww Mr Sainsbury I was relying on you to reduce my hours on same pay of course, just to keep Eileen happy you understand

What an idiot that consultant is Griff oh dear hope you don't get the lurgy back, think you've had your fair share
Oh dear LG you will need a very dark room when the Mem has done with you and your wallet, I'm liking her secrecy though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Dad now has the lurgy...I will now receive it back in time for Christmas
Oh heck Griff, sounds like they are out to get you, fight them off with whatever you can lay your hands on, and I do hope you don't get it over Christmas.

See you tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Evening Harvey - Nice of you to bring the jets to my notice - but they aren't mine. Are you sure you're not having a "Senior Moment" and they are some of your fleet - after all with the number you have losing just 3 would be excusable. Pleasant dreams! Hope the "Quark! Quark!" bird doesn't give you a very early morning call.
Mandy - Shame about the lack of christmas charity from your heartless but very rich boss! lol ! I'd slip something nasty in the roast chickens if I were you - get him sued!LOL!
Hope you stay clear of the lurgy, Griff, not what you wanted from Santa at all!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4