View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Apologies, climbing on the soapbox interupted my train of thought meant to say such as this and many tears, all neutering policies that I think are too young. A neighbour had a xbred pup from dogs trust that they had to castrate at just about 7 months, an OES x no less and huge. Just doesn't sit well with me, apologies for hijacking this thread!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 08:03 PM
What beautiful puppies!

I was thinking Rottie x Ridgeback when I saw the pic of Bear, what a gorgeous boy!!

Just going to watch that video clip - if I could handle a second dog I would definitely be contacting this rescue.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Promarc has a Rottie cross Bullmastiff doesnt he ??
Wonder if he has any puppy pics to compare ..
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I feel for the dogs themselves - having to pay the price and suffering the ill-effects of being neutered too soon. Personally I think it should be illegal (not allowed until the dog has matured) unless it is for medical reasons.
Perhaps if the law prevented the masses of dogs in rescues in the first place then these rescues wouldn't have to make the tough calls they do Fortunately (or rather, unfortunately), there is no shortage of rescues with varying policies that will suit most people's ethics.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Oh what stunning puppies...
tansox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I actually think it's cruel to neuter such a young puppy! I can see it from the rescue organisation's side, but honestly, 3 months is barbaric.

I was going to say more, but I can't, I'm absolutely fuming!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Just read this on the Mayhew site ...

The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Perhaps if the law prevented the masses of dogs in rescues in the first place then these rescues wouldn't have to make the tough calls they do Fortunately (or rather, unfortunately), there is no shortage of rescues with varying policies that will suit most people's ethics.
I appreciate that they have tough choices to make, but I don't like seeing dogs pay the price for humans and their mistakes tbh. I would rather they be more stringent in who the dogs go to, although then they might not be able to find many homes at all.... but that in itself might help channel their focus to campaigning for legislative action instead (which I personally feel is the only way we're going to effectively tackle this - at least in our lifetime).
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Some Aussie doodle breeders get the pups done before rehoming at 8 weeks. Barbaric imo
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Tilly and Romeo marked as reserved
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >