Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Education is in such a mess like all our public services if the government get voted in again and get their way which they undoubtedly will even the lecturing jobs will be compromised if all schools have to become academies. They do not employ teachers that are trained. They use business people and obviously business people finance the schools too Harris carpet magnate is one.
'evening Lynn, I feel sorry that the job has turned into a 'non job' just one of the many things that can turn hope into disappointment, been there many times so you have my sympathy. Regarding the mess that our public services are in now, well you are right, it seems to me that everyone is trying to stick 'plasters over the wound' instead of asking what has caused the problem. So they increase class sizes, replace teachers with business people, lower exam pass rates, anything except address the real problem which is a population growing so fast that 'sticking plaster' solutions only work for a short time.

I'm told there are 60 million plus people in the UK which is double the number that our resorces can handle. I remember (and heartily agree) with what you said Gordons view was i.e. A good teacher is born, he (or she) has to have it in him, teaching college helps with technique but basically it's in your genes. So there are only ever going to be a limited number of good teachers and instead of spreading them around ever more thinly on an exploding school kids population why not do something about the basic problem.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2016, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Gorgeous afternoon, should really be making a start on the garden
Yes June, get out there, don't delay I did a bit on the lawn today, cheated a bit by setting the height at maximum so didn't have to work up a sweat This apparently is what the experts tell you to do with the first cut of Spring. Suits me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Got a man comming tomorrow (very early) to do some work in the kitchen, also a skip comming, don't know what time but the last one turned up at 8 O'clock Have a good evening all, see you tomorrrow.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Well there'll be no cutting of the grass for me, a) there is none b) when it is returfed, Nigel does it
You are so right Harvey,the people occupying space in this country, but not paying their way, need to go back from whence they came. If they are native to the country, then they should 'earn' their benefits by doing the jobs that aren't being done, litter picking, sorting holes in the road out, etc. that way they learn about work, and how to take instruction
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Lynn, so sorry the job has fallen through.... Maybe something better will turn up in the near future.....fingers crossed
Harvey, ye you are quite right...gentle trim to begin followed by another cut 2weeks later
I got grass seed today, cost me £5 for a small box but it has bird deterrent in it... Hopefully the pigeons won't like it
Mandy, hope you had a good walk with Rosie
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2016, 10:50 PM
No DADthought I'd pop in and get a laugh on tonight's going's on....did you all have an early night??Sleep well,see ya tomorrow xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Sorry Eileen, been having a soak
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4