Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
i went to look at her house nad question her further and it turns out she was fibbing,they wanted a boxer they didnt have to pay for however the calls have been flooding in from the vets today,iv 2 waitng to see if im ready to let him go to them,im extremly protective of him,hes so cute,and loveing,i have a contact stating that if for some chance they cant keep him for what ever reason he comes here,but then i have that with all my puppies,,but i also want to put in,he is being loaded for 6 mths to see if the can care for him properly and if in 6 mths he is ok they take sole responsibility for him if not he comes home,is that unfair?im just affraid to let him go,im to call these ppl back tommorrow and let them know and 1 in a few hours help is the contract to binding,and to shall i let him go?

What a BIT*H!!!!! thank god they didnt get him!!!!

Good luck finding a home.... i heard that deaf blind pups get to know their owners by scent and learn their environment.... they also pick up on vibrations aswell... apparently...

He is such a wee babe! He deserves the best!

I think the clause of 6months is great.... but could you raise him...then he is with his mummy!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:06 PM
I think deep down you want to keep him, as you have been there for him from the start. If you think you would be able to cope, as it will be very hard work, then keep him. It is such a hard decision for you.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:07 PM
believe me im torn on him at the minute,im thinking if these are genetic problems he has that same mating cant be repeated and so the bitch will be spayed,il have to get some more info onthis its never happened before il keep you all posted dont worry xx thanx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi Toni just caught back up with this. I know you will at the end of the day do what is right for the little one. Thinking of you as your heart must be getting torn in so many different directions at present. Comforting hugs. Eunice xxxx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Oh Toni,
Some people make you sick. I was lucky moly/Hope went to mums best friend so I still see here. I'm sure whatever desicion you make it will be the right one.
Is there a genetic expert you can contact I know Welshies have one.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:28 PM
i have just emailed DR. BRUCE M CATTANACH
and let him know he was born and what are the chances of it happing again,obviously my step daughters bitch will be spayed,or the mating not happening again,i will let you know what i decide thanks everyone for your help.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 07:18 PM
If it was me i would think long and hard about the practical sides of owning a blind and deaf dog.
If i was prepared to take it all on, the work involved in this pup and the difficulties the pup will face due to being blind and deaf, i would simply keep him.
The only way i would be confortable is if he was in my care, and the practical sides had some type of workable solutions for him and us as owners.
At the end of the day he doesn't know hes blind or deaf so will never know any difference but the practical stuff of owning any dog has to be considered.
A deaf dog can be taught, i'm not so sure how you would handle blind and deaf together.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with Leo I think you should keep him. You will constantly be worrying how he is etc. If you decide not to keep him why not speak to the White Boxer Rescue who might know of any experienced homes that are looking to add another boxer.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2007, 07:26 PM
At the same time there has to be deaf and blind dogs around, even if it is age related but these dogs have learnt things before, how you would teach a pup is another thing.
If you do home him, i would make sure it is with people who are experienced in the care of a deaf and blind pup, at least they will have an idea of how to train him, or in fact give you pointers.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I do hope you will find someone who can devote all their attention onto the little one. I would think the pup would be a full-time job during its first few months at least.

Thinking of you.

xx
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »