View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I disagree... spaying and neutering has everything to do with having litters.. if a lot of irresponsible owners had their dogs done there would be a lot less pups around in shelters
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by phil2009 View Post
Hi claireanddaisy
look i dont no what ur prob is but with respect neutering has nothing to do what so ever with this thead i started this thead to ask every one what there opinions where on a bitch haveing at least one litter of pups. i and from what i can see no one in this thread has sead that neutering shouldent be dun so plz leave it out of this thread. Thank you
am sorry if i sound rood i just want to no why u broght the neutering thing into this hread. hey i think iv got the rong end of the stick for what u where trying to say. i think iv miss read what you where trying to say and im realy sorry hope you can axept my appology
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
I disagree... spaying and neutering has everything to do with having litters.. if a lot of irresponsible owners had their dogs done there would be a lot less pups around in shelters
its the way they sead it and i dont want it to go down that root its just a thread to see what pp opinions where on the 1 litter thing not for neutering yeh there would be a lot less pups if pp got there dogs neutered or spayded. when u say irresponsible are you meening pp that dont care about there dog and dont get them neuterd or spayded. or just any dog owner that dont get them dun
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:17 PM
IMO all rescue dogs should be neutered..ideally before they go to the new owner..or it should be in a contract so they get done asap..

If you have no history of the dog..by that I mean..you don't know if the parents had health testing done or the granparents on both sides and so on then the dog/bitch should be done..

In an ideal world..ONLY dogs that are worthy of being bred (by that I mean..best of the show or working world) should be having pups..and all others should be on neuter/spay contracts..

But getting a dog and having a litter just because you can or you want to is not a good enough reason..
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:23 PM
This is an old wives tale and I agree with the other people who have said this .
One of the main reasons not to breed a bitch is the number of dogs in rescues all over the country .
On several well known puppy selling websites there are lots of people who can't sell their pups , the keep dropping and dropping the price but they are still left with puppies to try and get homes for
phil2009
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-02-2009, 04:26 PM
IMO all rescue dogs should be neutered..ideally before they go to the new owner..or it should be in a contract so they get done asap..

If you have no history of the dog..by that I mean..you don't know if the parents had health testing done or the granparents on both sides and so on then the dog/bitch should be done..

In an ideal world..ONLY dogs that are worthy of being bred (by that I mean..best of the show or working world) should be having pups..and all others should be on neuter/spay contracts..

But getting a dog and having a litter just because you can or you want to is not a good enough reason..
hi louise13
yes i comp agree with what ur saying.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by phil2009 View Post
hi louise13
yes i comp agree with what ur saying.
Phil,

Not all dogs that are shown are completely healthy, you know, despite what you hear
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Phil,

Not all dogs that are shown are completely healthy, you know, despite what you hear
Maybe so..but ethical breeders don't breed from unreg'd stock and do all health tests..
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Maybe so..but ethical breeders don't breed from unreg'd stock and do all health tests..

There you go about unregistered dogs again.........there isn't just two lanes to this road:

1. Show Dog

2. Unregistered Dog.

Like I've already said, there is an inbetween you know!

And not all breeds have specific health tests recommended or available.

Also, it's not just show/breeders that are ethical.

You only have to look at my pups to see that they are from good "stock" - I just don't show Krystal but have been told by experienced Chi people that I could. A road I'd never go down thanks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2009, 05:46 PM
If you are talking the bitches health you do not breed and you do not neuter when young, at least you don't if you have read this and looked into some of the research for yourself http://www.naiaonline.org/pdfs/LongT...uterInDogs.pdf
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »