Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
.. no not as a 'precaution' but here are few things to consider,body condition of pup,symptoms and severity,puppies are more vunerable and can go down very quickly,so you do have to be more carefull than with a healthy adult as thay can usually shake it off.
..one thing that we do,and alot of vets are starting to,is to treat for 'lungworm'at the same time,as symptoms can be similar..and again fatal

Good post Tupac2legs. I don't know a lot about lungworm, except that it is caused by slugs and snails and frogs and it is becoming more widespread in this country. Am I right in thinking that currently you can only treat it once there are symptoms, or have preventave drugs now been developed for it as for other diseases. I know with bordatella you provide protection (when a dog goes into kennels for example).
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
[/U]

Good post Tupac2legs. I don't know a lot about lungworm, except that it is caused by slugs and snails and frogs and it is becoming more widespread in this country. Am I right in thinking that currently you can only treat it once there are symptoms, or have preventave drugs now been developed for it as for other diseases. I know with bordatella you provide protection (when a dog goes into kennels for example).
I have put a new thread in the dog health section asking about lungworm, for anyone who may be interested.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4