Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Went to have a look at what is going on where the river is, and it is all fenced off and there are pumps going, the smell is horrendous
Is that the electricity sub station We haven't had the sort of rain you've had but the river here was up and one field on our walk has been partly flooded 'tho it was OK today. Has any work started on Merc Mans apartments The planning Dept. might make him install flood barriers now, that would hurt
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Do you know what amazed me about that TW??? No notice given...in a job like that!!
Ooooo Mandy, fish tank sounds very suave
Just put my tv on and Chicago pd is on so will have a watch of that
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 10:19 PM
Evening Harvey....if the council had any sense they would rescind (sp) the planning on the grounds of being absolute numpties in granting it in the first place lol....never gonna happen though
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Love the pic of Mabs by the way, will have a look at her thread too
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Evening All - Just been watching the original series of "Spooks" on Drama TV, it was the second episode tonight. For some reason I managed to miss the original showing and so am now catching up some 15 years later. Very good cast - many have gone on to further success and acclaim. It is a bit grim to say the least - tonight poor Lisa Faulkner got shoved into an industrial deep fat fryer! Unpleasant!
Wonder what the bad smell is at June's sub-station - always thought that the "lecky" was pretty odourless!
Griff - Council's seldom change their minds - they might have to give the bribes back! Of course, by issuing this broad sweeping statement, I do not for one second infer that June's local council are in any way corrupt, chiselling, self serving, vindictive senseless or stupid! There you have a disclaimer that should keep me safe from any litigation! LOL !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Evening Harvey....if the council had any sense they would rescind (sp) the planning on the grounds of being absolute numpties in granting it in the first place lol....never gonna happen though
Good evening Griff, you are right, too many fingers in the pie to expect a reversal of a planning application. Don't think I've ever known it happen

Regarding that man on BBC - if you are able to watch BBC rolling news on a weekday at 08:30 (Freeview 130) his name is Aaron Heslehurst have a look and tell me what you think. Truth is he may be excellant on some types of programmes (Quiz shows, popular music shows, even general 'chat' shows) but this is a business news programme and his personality is not right for this.

Sally Bundock (Who just hapens to be a local lass) is very good and all the others are OK but please not Aaron Heslehurst
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Lol...aŁ&e well and truly covered there LG...nicely done!!!
I have a amazon fire stick that plugs into the tv so we can do catchup on drama...i was watching judge John deed last week and Lovejoy a month or so before that...yesterday I was watching the pinkertons but ran out of time for that. Spooks is on there too...was thinking about sitting my dad down with that as he liked the last series...oh yeah, the bill is on there too lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 10:44 PM
I am sure I can find him on google Harvey.... Bet I will recognize him
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Evening Mandy - sounds like the interior decorators from fishy world have been having a beano at you place. Sounds most attractive. I don't have any aquaria but have always found them lovely to look at. Restful too!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
local council are in any way corrupt, chiselling, self serving, vindictive senseless or stupid! There you have a disclaimer that should keep me safe from any litigation! LOL !
Obviously that lunch meeting you had with your legal friend recently has paid off

Since you were enquiring about my vendetta with the BBC regarding one of their presenters please have a look at my post 36 above to Griff and likewise if you are able to watch at 08:30 on a weekday I would welcome your opinion as well.

Of course you might well be 'motivating' all the staff at that hour not to mention seeing to all the four legged ones and keeping an eye out for storm Geraldine (or which ever one it is) but if not do have a look and let me know.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >