Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
I tried to PM you, your inbox is full.
Yes sorry its a pain. I have to keep it full or i get numurous unwanted pms from some dogsey members.who wont stop even if i tell them too
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Yes sorry its a pain. I have to keep it full or i get numurous unwanted pms from some dogsey members.who wont stop even if i tell them too
Dogsey Stalkers?
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Is there no way you could ban (from your pm inbox) ones you dont want to get pm's from
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry last post was off topic

MichaelM can you just show by example how doing things nicely works so much better, get him to come out on walks with you often and teach your friend how to get his dog to do what he wants with out the need of beating the poor animal. As for Isla
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Milk maid View Post
Is there no way you could ban (from your pm inbox) ones you dont want to get pm's from
Dunno??????
Tbh theyve both put me off using it alltogether
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Dunno??????
I did mention in a diffrnt post getting in touch with a mod to get it sorted properly (sorry OT) x
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Dunno??????
I wonder if you put them on your ignore list it would work.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Not read the whole thread but get teh gist of it. My oldest GSD, Zane went through a phase (not convinced it was a genuine Kevin stage) of being a nightmare wrt recall (or the lack of it). A littel different as he was absolutely golden in every respect other than this.

I ended up taking him on 2-3 hour walks/runs (he ran, I didn't) through Sutton or Elmdon Park whereby every time he started to come back to me of his own accord, I would call himi. Once he got to me, he'd be rewarded with a treat. As tinme went on, every so often throughout the walk I'd clip his lead back on and he'd walk to heel. This would be for anythign from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Then I'd allow him offlead to go and play again.

this way, he learned to come to me when called regardless as he never knew that coming back would result in going home.

Many people recall their dogs ONLY to take them back home and the dog wants to carry on playing or walking. So they ignore the owner. Zane learned that he got rewarded EVERY time he came back so the incentive was there (even if we were going home) and that just having his lead attached didn't meant he end of the walk.

Maybe if "Brian" could teach his dog the simple aspects of recall, the dog would come back to him more readily (particularly if it's getting a reward rather than a beating) nd he wouldn't get so worked up about the misbehaving.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4