Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Big dogs give you more to cuddle.

Little dogs can snuggle in closer

Upto Bugzy and Meeka coming into our lives I would have said that I was firmly in the "big dogs are best " camp. I like all dogs, but Dobermann's were my one true love.
I will still always hold a special place in my heart for Dobes but will never own another
But these little min pins have well and truely got under my skin, Meeka is very much a mummies girl, at this moment in time she is asleep up under my neck so its making it difficult for me to see the laptop, but Meeka's happy so i'm happy.
Then again I still very much love big breeds, I love Aura our Boxer as she truely is such a joker, she makes me laugh so much with her expressions, and besides she's convinced she's a Min Pin too lol

So I'd have to say I love all dogs, big or small
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2010, 09:16 PM
My boxers are the ideal size for me ,saying that if i could have a french bulldog that would change ...
LoweherzLeos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Generally the bigger the better, I love hairys too
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2010, 11:04 PM
not alot of people prefer small breeds anymore huh lol
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi,

I love big dogs. Not the giant breeds ('cos they all seem to slobber everywhere, although I know there are some exceptions).

I grew up with GSDs and Akitas and those are the breeds I know most about and love most. Both breeds are very sensitive and perceptive, although Akitas can be stubborn swines on a good day. Catch 'em on a bad day and you may as well just give up on whatever it is you're trying to do with them.
With GSDs, they know what you're thinking. The way my Uncle put it to me once (About Zane) was that if you laugh, he (Zane) will laugh with you. If you cry ,he'll cry with you. It's like he's a little wise old man sometimes. Zane knows everything about me and how I think. All my GSDs (apart from Yiannis) have been like this to a certain extent. Plus, C&D is right - bigger dogs give bigger cuddles (Zane also still thinks he's a lapdog!).

Laura xx
Lita
New Member!
Female 

23-02-2010, 01:03 AM
I like big dogs. Dobbies, rotties and GSDs to name a few. I do however also have a new 12 week old jrt so I am starting to loovvee the smaller breeds
X
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2010, 03:38 AM
I tend towards medium sized dogs, shelties and collies, but I also plan to have a GSD again some day, and had big dogs as a child. Though my dream "retirement" dog is a longhaired miniature dachshund, she will be called pickle.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2010, 03:56 AM
thats a cute name
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Medium sized and long-haired!

I'm really enamoured of Border collies and Australian shepherds, but also mixes of those breeds with others. My dog (a border collie mix) weighs 52 lbs.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 03:39 AM
i hope to see pics of all ya dogs soon
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4