View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Roasted gently in the sun a while catching up with fluid intake.. WHY when you have filled two large bowls with cold water do dogs rootle around in the old baby bath for the sun warmed and mucky water there..

They say 20 to 26 tomorrow

Very quiet l I can see and hear the Ring road from here and no tour buses today due to the cycle event. The event does not use this stretch of road but goes to Kenmare but the road must be closed anyways ..not a car in sight, just a chopper roaring over.

Dozens more flowers on the peas after the heat today so all is watered now and time to roll up the floor.

Oh Labrador Lover asked re the wild fuchsias here, yes ..deora de in Irish,, pronounced jora jay.. tears of God.

Not seen any quite that tall.. there is large bush outside the door here too.

Been a good day and a lot done ready for next week so who could ask for more..

Stay cool; the thought of driving on a crowded motorway brings back bad memories. so sorry Lynn

Blessings and peace

PS just remembered there is ice cream in the freezer.. Tesco raspberry ripple...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Evening all - a bit late tonight, mainly because I am in the middle of a really good book! I have had some real gems from the charity shops lately.

Lynn, bad luck about the viewings today but maybe your next outing will prove more fruitful. Dillon is such a good boy to be left for so long and not cause havoc......Jimmi would not last ten minutes

Jenny, shall we both head off for somewhere cooler....like Antarctica? I truly do not like this heat - moan moan moan. Like Lynn, my very worst nightmare would be getting stuck in a jam on a motorway for hours and hours with a dog or child in the back. Air conditioning can only do so much, and it cannot provide you with loo facilities can it So, thank goodness you found a way round the hold up even if it did take much longer.

Malka I do hope that Pereg is okay and that tomorrow your vet pinpoints the problem and sorts it out.

Thinking of H tonight and trusting that the meal AND the company are everything that she could wish for.

*waves to LL and RB

Now WHERE is that old trout Tang

Nearly forgot to say how pleased I am that Lewis has gained pole for tomorrow......SUCH a nice boy.!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Evening Sally Good book hey care to share ?

I would definitely need the loo if stuck in a jam you know that sods law thing if it isn't there you need it.

Dillon is very good left for a long time if needs must especially as he has me here most of the time. He is very naughty usually though for quite a long while when we return home. Sitting on the sofa barking for a fuss or finding his toys and demanding play and of course we spoil him rotten and indulge.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Lynn, I think that Dillon deserves to be spoilt having been such a good boy!!!

The book is Whispers in the Sand by Barbara Erskine.....modern day mixed with ancient Egypt. The one that I just finished was also spellbinding, and that was The Observations by Jane Harris. Before that, it was The 100 year old man who climbed out of a window and disappeared. That was brilllllllllllliant, and so funny.

I have a large blister on my heel after going for a walk sans doglet this morning; of course instead of dog walking gear, I had on a dress and sandals. Not good those sandals
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:17 PM
Evening Sally, Lynn, Rosebud. Taffsmum and anyone else hiding in the corner,

Taffsmum - I'm so pleased the cupcake turned out OK. When you've iced it can we see a photo please Still really hot out there even now

Rosebud - 20 - 26 tomorrow. It's been 28 here today and forecast to be 29-32 depending which forecast we believe. I hope you have restful evening now.

Sally - Oh yes lets go. Pat has posted on the forum just not on here When our last dog died aged 15 my OH made me promise we'd have a 6 month break so we could go travelling. I went ahead and booked a week in Val d’Isere. Now neither of us ski but I just loved the idea of a cold holiday .... my OH wasn't overly impressed ... he loves the heat (I then relented and we had 6 weeks in Australia). I've just taken the dogs out for a 20 mins walk with my older son which was nice except there are so many mozzies around The dogs still came back with mouths open and tongues out
Twice I've been stationary on the M25 for over 3 hours and thankfully didn't have a dog with me (or toilet facilities). If I had had a dog with me is it legal to take a dog out on a lead on a motorway? I always carry water in my car for the dogs and a days worth of food for both .... that's just me worried I got stuck somewhere and Rucksack can only eat certain food. I also carry a large plastic milk bottle with the top cut off in case I was desperate. But I can't honestly see me using it as I wear trousers and how could one be discrete with stationery cars, coaches or lorries next to you looking in

There is not a breath of wind outside. I should think its lovely down on the coast where Helena and Jenny are what with a coastal breeze
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't dare wear anything other than good sturdy trainers with Dillon or wellies or walking boots just in case he decides to take me off somewhere unexpectedly. I need good traction.

Those books sound interesting. The 100 year old man sounds like the sort of book Gorden would enjoy.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Lynn - That is brilliant that Dillon can be left so long. Cassie my last little dog could as well and I think Flash would too. There is no way Rucksack would be by himself without panicking - the longest we have ever left them both is 3 1/2 hours and that was in the evening. They both become hysterical when we come back. I also noticed that when we were out last Friday evening at that wedding reception Rucksack had had a long chew at the wooden stairgate He is a very clingy dog and very insecure compared to Flash.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Evening jenny. Hadn't thought of the milk bottle in case of accidents will have to remember that for Tuesday.
Its cooling down here now. We have all windows upstairs open windows and doors open downstairs even the top part of the stable door which is the front door open so the breeze is blowing up the hall.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
I have been lucky with Max, Ollie and Dillon all haven't minded being left for a long time if needed. Funny thing is I have always been around most of the time for all of them which would make you think they would be more likely to suffer SA.
I think that anyway. When we move it is going to have to be a gradual process I think till Dillon learns we come home each time. I fear I may house bound for a while.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Jenny I used to go ski ing in Austria every year before I was married.....OH refused to go because he could see no point in going up a mountain then coming down it again on two planks of wood! I absolutely loved it, because although it could be cold the sun made the scenery stunning.

It would be just my luck too to be "parked" next to a gert great lorry, with a big beefy driver grinning down as he spied the makeshift loo So flipping easy for men isn't it. I am not sure about the regulations regarding dogs, but when the whole motorway is at a standstill and people are wandering around the carriageway then surely letting a dog have a wee against a tyre would be allowed?

Lynn, the 100 year old man one has taken the literary world by storm apparently.....it really is very good though, and there is enough war stuff in it to keep men entertained as well. It is one of those rare books that appeals to both sexes in equal measures.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >