View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Lynn, waiting is the worst thing and I fully get her being scared...hopefully someone will come and see her and can maybe prescribe something to settle her tummy and stimulate her appetite...fingers crossed tomorrow brings news
TW, I did have a FA dog, he was 30kg, very tall but never went for the other dogs...it was them coming and having a go at him that was the issue, I got a positive reward based trainer/ behaviourist and it did help a bit, sometimes I think people don't actually want to admit there is a problem...me, no such issue lol...will quite happily fess up that I have screwed up and want to learn the correct way of doing things
Thanks, I have put a lot of effort in with both dogs...deagan is doing gold too, Kota did the drop at a distance onto a mat first time tonight. There is a girl at training and she is very competitive...she is going to be sick when she realises Kota has got her gold..i am now due to start platinum with her
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 08:23 PM
Don't think this dog is FA, I think it has never had the right input and just done what it wants and its escalated now to a point where they can't control it and are unable to understand what to do about it.Its a beautiful looking dog as well, such a shame.I am wondering about voicing my fears to the police to be honest,then I feel bad about that because I'd hate that to happen to me, then again I can walk 2 or 3 of mine at the same time and never have them react like that.
Griff, is there a platinum test, have you seen anything about one, I think there should be one after Gold. What I would really like to do is Rally Obedience, but there isn't anywhere near that does it, and I couldn't go to the events anyway as they're all over the country
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 08:35 PM
I am not sure if it's a proper thing or just for our group but its in mytick booklet, I will post tomorrow what I have to do. Rally obedience is good, our old trainer used to do it and we had a few goes...it was hard for me as I always have my dogs on my right side.
I wonder could you find where the person lives and just shove a note with an APDT name and details through the door?"might spur them into action. I only took Kota to training because of the insurance issue but it is the best thing we ever did.. I would never have coped otherwise
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Some of the ADPT people aren't as good as they should be.I'm going to have a word with Ken at training and see if he has any sort of opinion on it. Also, maybe they won't bother because they don't think it will work, which it won't unless they keep on with it day in day out, and I think the main problem is that people don't seem to want to put the work in anymore. I was by the pub and I could have run in there and shut the door I suppose, but the whole thing scared me at how easily it could have turned into my worst nightmare.I have seen them with the dog when I've been in the car,but he was with a load of his mates, so not the time really, I could do with talking to him when I'm not with my dogs and seeing what his actual attitude is because if I can help I will,but some people don't want help do they
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I said that's not attack mode that's more like submissive and Princess is more scared of other dogs than aggressive. Her trainer told her it was attack mode.
Some so called dog trainers know little but like all humans they have their own theories. I agree with you much more like 'submissive' going 'down' (either like that or by rolling over) gives the other dog a 'height advantage' so it must be submission in some form.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I feel the couple with the troublesome dog will keep out of everyone's way and keep the dog out of the way.
The thing is Lynn we need to go back into the history of the dog, have they owned it from a puppy has it been maltreated and come via a rescue organisation maybe it was a Police Dog

Because none of us speak canine it's incredibly difficult to know what's going on in the dogs mind, humans tend to always relate things to what us humans do, but let's face it humans are often not the best example of good behaviour are they
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
I have news...........Dakota has just passed her gold test!!! i am astounded, she is so damn clever, i never thought we would get to that point ever
Well done Dakota and you too Must make you very happy, time for a celebration meal, cauliflower cheese maybe (kidding )
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Have an early start tomorrow so I will be heading to bed soon.

Lynn, how very hard for you ref. Gill, having to wait to hear news and not a lot you can do. Hope you are able to talk on the phone.

Casey was at the vets today, only in order to get another prescription for his Cardisure (Heart medication) Vet had a few probs listening to his heart because he gets so excited and nervous in a new place and breaths heavily, I had to hold his mouth shut so she could listen on her stethoscope thingy.

Will do another ultrascan in July which will be one year from the previous one.

Goodnight all, see you tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Lol...yeah Harvey..you can have my share of the cauliflower cheese lol!!! I am immensely proud of her, she tries so very hard to please...she isn't an easy dog, I have had 4 dogs but taken care of others and she is by far the worst dog I have known...if she were human I would say she had adhd or something lol...every day is a challenge but she will be 4 in October...i didn't think she would get to 1lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2017, 09:18 PM
I will post a piccie of her certificate if I get it next week
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-05-2017, 09:50 PM
I am really proud for you Griff. Can't ever see Zen getting there, but where there's life there's hope.
Started girls brekkies then got sidetracked by the news, so of to finish that, then bring Cariad and Mabs in and have a long soak.
Cannot believe they are talking about drought when the country was practically swimming in the stuff not 2 years ago!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >