Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
The drains have backed up again here

Booger.
It's little consolation M but torrential rain in the Middle east is like snow in England, it's such a rare occurance that it is economically unjustifiable to do 'owt about it. I was driving in the dessert once when the sky suddenly went black and within minutes a huge downpour turned my dirt track into a river, quite scary I can tell you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Oh Malka NO Please be careful you don't catch something dreadful, is there anyone who comes in and sorts stuff like this out for you.
Thanks to all for your thoughts on Sasha.

LATEST UPDATE

Vets just rung and she is definitely brighter in herself and they are hand feeding her because that is they only way she will eat at the moment, but big improvement from yesterday. She is still hooked up to the IV to keep her going and she is on painkillers and AB's twice a day. They are keeping her in for another day to stabilise her because they said her tummy has taken a hell of a battering but they are feeling much more positive about the outcome now.
Results not back from lab, and she has said to me they may not be back until they have got Sasha going properly but as I have a 'colony' (their words ) of dogs at least they will know what it is if it strikes again. Girlies are still not going out until I know everyone is fine, they are very grumpy and squabbling because they are bored, but I can't risk it whilst we are still not quite through it.
All your positive thoughts are doing the trick, apparently she is very noisy (she is woo'ing to them ) and getting quite cheeky, her gums are pinker but not there yet.
Can't thank you all enough for everything
xxxxxx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh Malka NO Please be careful you don't catch something dreadful, is there anyone who comes in and sorts stuff like this out for you.

LATEST UPDATE

Vets just rung and she is definitely brighter in herself and they are hand feeding her because that is they only way she will eat at the moment, but big improvement from yesterday. She is still hooked up to the IV to keep her going and she is on painkillers and AB's twice a day. They are keeping her in for another day to stabilise her because they said her tummy has taken a hell of a battering but they are feeling much more positive about the outcome now.
Results not back from lab, and she has said to me they may not be back until they have got Sasha going properly but as I have a 'colony' (their words ) of dogs at least they will know what it is if it strikes again. Girlies are still not going out until I know everyone is fine, they are very grumpy and squabbling because they are bored, but I can't risk it whilst we are still not quite through it.
All your positive thoughts are doing the trick, apparently she is very noisy (she is woo'ing to them ) and getting quite cheeky, her gums are pinker but not there yet.
xxxxxx
C'mon Sasha!! Thanks for the update TW, you must be going through hell, I can't imagine sitting at home not knowing... anyway more hugs and karma for you.

Well it has gone from POURING with rain to DUMPING with snow, so weird as it seemed to warm to snow, if this keeps up we will be white white white soon
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Come on Sasha darlin' - you have gotta get betta now. 'Cos Safta Malka sez so.

Not much I can do about the drainage and we do need the rain, but unfortunately this beloved country of mine cannot cope with the once in a blue moon rains!

Pereg has been a bit of a booger because I refused to let her sit by the open doorway - I mean I was freeeeeeeezlin' an' I didna want de door hopen. I mean cold? Frizzlin cold.

Then I did a real norty wiv 'er evenin' meal an' chucked frozen sardines all over the place the an' told 'er DO NOT TOUCH.

I is such a wicked Mommy!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Tw hope things continue to go well and won't be long till the gorgeous little sasha is home
Had to go to the dentist as I chipped a tooth on Sunday and was giving me gip
Couldn't believe hot cross buns in the shops already
Mobile fish van just been £6 20 for 2skiddly bits of smoked haddock ( hope it's good )
No dogs again this week away till Sunday but I'm having lodgers for the next week 2munsterlanders
There really nice dogs and just settle in I've had them many times before
Hope everyone has had a good day people and dogs keeping well
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post

LATEST UPDATE

xxxxxx
YAY that is brilliant news!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Afternoon all

So pleased to hear Sasha is eating a little bit, even if they're keeping her in for another night, it's for the best I think and I'm sure you do too. When you think about it, when you take the others out, they only need to tread in a blob of poop and could have brought something nasty back home. Let's hope that lab comes up with something that they know what they're treating. You must be totally worn out, isn't it tea time now, toast and cuppa by the fire?

You've got snow now then Debbie That'll mean the forecast for us could be right when they said we're in for a cold spell and possibly some snow soon then I'm really not looking forward to snow living on this big hill. I worry about Dave managing to get home, unless he walks the last few miles cos it's so hilly around here with the ridge just up the road. Glad to hear you're so busy with the jewellery too but that's no surprise cos it's fab. Glad you've booked a trip to old blighty, not coming near me by any chance are ya? If so, please make sure you ring first and don't arrive at lunchtime

Well, better get on with some more officework. I've used 2 printer inks today printing off stuff I need to send people with their keys, and now I'm working on a new map but can't seem to add what I want to it in Paint, but I'll work it out somehow.

Hope all is well with everyone, sorry to hear you're again flooded out there grandma yuk, that can't be nice all that sewerage
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I think I've gone mad........ Earlier today, I ordered 2 Fetch balls on a rope for Zena cos her Orbees have got rotten, frayed ropes, they must be 3 years old now, and these are the only ones that resemble an Orbee which you cannot get now in tennis ball size. I just got my Amazon invoice for the TWO balls......it totals £38!!!!! When you see £15 you think, oh what the heck, she's careful with them, she never loses them, she never destroys them and she has one on every walk, and these will last another 3 years, so you order two and this is the result I'm broke remember???!!!!

I did this because she was such a little star with my visitor at lunchtime, but that's almost £40 for just 2 balls??!!! Better not tell Dave had I!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi folks,

I'm so shattered again today. But it was a nice day. Unexpectedly I had a two hour exam just before lunch, rather embarrassingly my stomach wouldn't stop gurgling much to the amusement of the pupil I was with. Also I was bursting for a wee too.

I'm finally taking my decs down tonight, but having a bath and an early night after that.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Helena 54
Ah you know zena's worth every penny cos she was such a good girlie
I got so fed up paying a fortune for training dummy's I made my own tights stuffed with feathers from an old pillow I could make them any size I wanted (taught the dogs not to grip to tightly )the bought canvas ones are heavy
Toys I did the same ball at the toe knots along the length light to throw easy to replace when they wore out
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »