View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi Sally - shoot him My OH half loves curry - I'm not overly keen unless its very mild but when he cooks one for himself the smell lingers for blooming days.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Jackie I do hope Millie is more settled since your post this morning.

Chris - I hope Gary is going to be OK on these new meds. Good luck.

Bev - I hope Lily is OK since visiting the vets. I did read and comment on your problems getting the tablets. I don't think its anything to do with people suing if their animals are unwell on human meds, I think its because they are only licensed for human meds and the med companies make so much more money off the veterinary industry.

Pat - I hope your forehead is feeling better - you poor thing that must have really hurt.

Harvey - Lovely shot of Rianna ..... she is H U G E and makes your double bed look like a single. I hope she isn't about to have a phantom pregnancy. My last little dog had three and I eventually had her spayed which did stop them.
I don't think it matter if you have males or bitches, they both come with draw backs.

Malka - I gather Pereg has remained seizure free today which is great. Hopefully you will relax yourself more now.

Lynn - I hope Dillon's paw continues to improve and your are right about the hair between the pads. It must be very aggravating for poor Dillon.

I'm trying to think what else has been mentioned today but I've had a mental block. June, I think you had sore fingers? If so hopefully they are feeling better. One of you also turned up to a genealogy meeting which was cancelled .... sorry! Helena - I hope all of Dave's DIY has gone well today and he gets the electrics back on for tonight and also that you had a lovely day with Dillon in the smaller van.

I apologise to anyone I have forgotten.

What a stunningly beautiful sunny day today. About bl**dy time and I gather tomorrow will be even nicer with now cold breeze. My brother and I had a lovely walk with the dogs and then this afternoon we went over to my older son's flat which was lovely. It's amazing how tidy he is now that he's got his own place. I felt like: scattering sugar and coffee on the worksurfaces and floor, putting all the lights on and leaving them, not flushing the loo, dropping clothes all over the floor etc etc just to make a point ...... but of course I didn't.
I had another brief walk this afternoon with the dogs and we have all just finished a roast meal which we had tonight instead of tomorrow. My brother and I off to Painshill Park tomorrow for a long walk with the dogs which I'm really looking forward to.

I did watch the Grand National (peeking between my fingers) and how lovely that no horses were injured or died. (I know two did die earlier in the week though).

My OH and brother are watching non-stop British Touring Car racing on TV from earlier and now on ITV4 So boring

That's just reminded me that June asked me when my OH starts his season. He's got a track day on Thursday at Kirborough and then his first racing at Silverstone around the 20th April. One of his cars is still in pieces - waiting for the supercharger to come back from being cleaned???
I'm really looking forward to having some time to myself now although if my younger son goes off travelling this summer, I will be by myself an awful lot.
Evening Jenny. Sounds like you had a nice day.
Warmer tomorrow lovely that'll do nicely.
We had a roast tonight too. But like you there won't be one tomorrow.
Are you looking forward to time to yourself ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Oh Gawd I hate curry, the taste, the smell, the look....you won't even get me near an Indian Restaurant
Was wondering when his season starts Jenny, because then you can start passing me those mags from the bottom of the pile and I'll burn them.
Been gorgeous today hasn't it. Had the top door open of the Puppy Palace and also left the door open to the sleeping compartment, so all everything all aired out.
With all the wind there are shavings scattered everywhere, and there is still a slight breeze, but nothing like it has been. Took a vid of Keshi today (she is 5 months) and I have downloaded onto the laptop but it won't work, have also taken some piccies of her as well. We had a lovely little walk alongside the railway, on the vid you can hear the birds singing, such a beautiful walk for a change without thermal vests, wooly hats, gloves etc!!!
Gone a bit chilly now, but what a change from the last few weeks. When I went for shavings and frozen pet mince yesterday I noticed there was snow in some of the fields, we haven't any here, but that is only 9 miles from me, so have been very lucky here to have avoided it somehow.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
Hi Lynn, yes I'm really looking forward to being able to watch what I like on TV in the living room instead of having to go and sit in the kitchen. Only having to cook for myself. The house staying tidy but the biggest thing is having the bed to myself and OH not farting in bed and thinking it is hysterically funny ........ so yes, I can't wait
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2013, 08:04 PM
I am going to bid you all goodnight as my battery is now low and I am cream crackered.
See you all tomorrow.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi June - yes I think it is almost pitiful just how grateful we all are that we have had a day when we haven't had to wear thermals .............. but its April I quote you Gone a bit chilly now, but what a change from the last few weeks. I'm going to move up to your village if you've only had a few weeks of bad weather.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Night, night Lynn. I hope your household all sleep well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Night night Lynn, I really hope Dillon has his sock on in the morning
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:32 PM
You know..........this evening thing reminds me of that silly kit kat advert, you know, the one where the chap spends ages waiting for the pandas to come out so he can snap them then the minute he turns his back they appear but then disappear when he turns round again. I turn away to do something else after posting, thinking that nobody is here..........then come back and loads of posts followed by people going to bed!!!

Lynn, I never dare risk it with Jimmi and always gave it an extra two nights before leaving him alone - just in case he had a go at it and put everything back to square one. It does play havoc with your back though doesn't it

Jenny - you lucky so and so!!! All those free weekends to do as you please, although I suppose the downside is the worry that he might injure himself Don't comment on that one

I watched the National too........always do, although my heart thumps alarmingly from start to finish. Really really good that no horses were hurt but I do wonder if perhaps they have gone a tiny bit toooooooo far with the safety measures. Once the first few horses had jumped a fence, the rest could just saunter through the gaps!!! Lots of little men rushed out to rebuild them before the horses arrived for the second time, but of course the same thing happened again! A happy medium needs to be reached I think

TW, I do quite like curry but only occasionally - I had already had my supper when he came in.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
My OH has just suggested that we watch the Jonathan Creek programme that was on last Monday night - suits me as anything is better than motor racing. I will drop in here later though.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >