View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Well done Deags, that is a very long time for a wrigglebum to stay in a down
Mine roll in it more or less every day I think Griff, and nothing untoward has happened so far, its the smell that annoys me
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2016, 08:04 PM
June - I've been criticised in the past (not within earshot - but such things have a way of getting back) for having pups with too much weight on them. With the running dogs I just keep feeding them until they stop growing and then find that the large amount of exercise they get from 12 to 15 months onward, soon fines them down. Can't do with anysort of livestock that looks like it needs a good feed. I'd be ashamed to walk a dog round a show ring with it's pin bones sticking out like chapel house hat pegs, though it doesn't seem to bother some. Then the same people are heard to complain that their dog doesn't "stay" - my answer is that it would if they fed it! That comment seldom makes me any friends! LOL ! Like that bothers me!
Whilst on the subject of things to give dogs - are you on the Billy no Mates as I'm beginning to wonder whether itis good value. If you recall I purchased a £43 tub of the stuff and have been feeding it for 26 days now.
They had no fleas or ticks before I started feeding it and still haven't got any. Likewise they had really good coats and that remains the same. So - as I haven't had trouble in the past - am I just chucking money down a bottomless pit? In my entire life the only dog I've ever had pick up a tick was Gypsy and she got it slap bang in the middle of her forehead after a walk round Todmorden Market - she probably caught it off a local (and by which i don't mean a local dog!) I notice tonight whilst making up their feeds that I have used half a tub already - and I'm not one for wasting brass!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
P.S. apart from the usual obedience work, Fagin has had no training as a personal or property guard, it is, as might be said "All his own work!" lol !
I meant to ask about that.........so it's all in the genes

I am not an expert in any way, I do know dogs can be trained to attack, that is what the Police dogs do, still feel it is unusual 'tho, one might say 'the exception that proves the rule.'

Why do I always find myself smiling when I see a Police dog chasing a villan and getting his knashers into the guy (as just happened on Police Intercepters tonight.)
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2016, 08:22 PM
TW Zen looks gorgeous as do all your dogs.

Losos yes it is lazy but I feel I'm just repeating everything everyone else says as though I'm copying them

Griff I know what you mean about the diet I'm on one just now and it's your medication that causes it. Moira I doubt a drop of scotch a couple of times a week makes a difference so just enjoy it without feeling guilty. It's not as though you can go out jogging or anything to help you with weight loss.

wow Griff 4 minutes 42 seconds is fantastic. I doubt Sammy even manages 42 seconds
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Naughty Griff - putting Velcro on Deag's bum to get her to stay - how awful! lol !
Don't think you'll see this post for a bit as you're doubtless raiding the fridge for some nice nourishing celery or some such dietary fibre! Or perhaps not!!!!!
Harvey - must agree to experiencing the same joyous sensations at the sight of some ghastly scrote getting chewed on by an enthusiastic police dog. Just a pity it doesn't happen a LOT more often.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I am on the billy no mates liquid LG, when did we get it? I have half a bottle with 2dogs.....but I don't always remember to give it them!!!
1Cutedog, with practice Sammy would do a nice down stay....plenty of treats and patience
Harvey, I like seeing the police dog getting to munch on the bad guys
Moyra, I smoked 60fags a day for about 3years don't anymore and haven't for about 13years, I can only drink 2pints a week and shouldn't really have that either lol. I know I am losing weight as I can see my dimples coming back...just wish it would come off quicker
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-04-2016, 09:02 PM
Griff - I started giving BNM to the dogs on 1st April and haven't missed a day. Just wondering if it's a bit of a con - but no real way of finding out!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Well I am signing out, wishing you all a pleasant evening. Have an early start tomorrow with not one but two contractors comming to (hopefully) finish the kitchen, one will fit the water softener and a stopcock, the other to put the doors on the unit and connect the water. Have been doing the washing up in the bath since Saturday

See you tomorrow
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Ooooooo hope they get finished tomorrow Harvey
Hmmmm LG, only thing to do is trap a tick and try it on a dog...if it runs away the stuff must be working lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2016, 09:39 PM
LG, I have always given the girls a garlic tablet every day and never seen a flea or tick, however finding out there was a tick found on a dog in the village, where there never has been one before, gave me palpitations. I bought 2 tubs (300 gms each) of BNM for £31.75 with free delivery from ebay. I am giving a full scoop in their breakfast every day and am just on the 2nd 300 gms tub now. I started off putting one and a half scoops in for the first 3 weeks, then cut it back to 1 once it was in their systems. Also got them flea and tick collars as well, Zen has eaten her mothers and Keshi's though
I agree so much with what you say, feed them whilst they are growing then by eye as to how they are looking once they are full grown, which with mine is usually around 2 and a half, I have had to rein Kesh in with her food, and she is looking a lot slimmer nowadays. I knew she had put on weight as I had been feeding her as if she was still growing, the only way that was happening was outwards, was astounded to find she was 50kg, when only 8 months previous she was 38kg, got her down to 45kg last time I weighed her (6 weeks ago approx) and she's looking a bit sleeker, her collar has had to be shortened as well.Will weigh her again in a couple of months. Part of the problem was the horrendous weather and constant rain, over winter, now we've got dry weather, and they are no longer in season(which has again impacted on decent walks) we can start with the walks again
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >