View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Hi Moobli..worry not they repeat it a lot as I think it is their most successful programme.
I'm going to be a bit controversial again...
It was nice to see the lady with the GSD gain confidence in handling the dog.
BUT
I don't think the dog had learnt much.
During the test, she was still rattling away with the bottle and had his head under vERY tight control because of the head collar. The dog still actually tried and wanted to lunge and the other dogs, so in that respect there was no real improvement. The main thing that happened for her, I think, was she gained the confidence to know she could handle such a big dog thanks to the head collar. I don't think the dog's behaviour had changed and i do think if she carries on rattling at it in that way it could develop some fearful aggression towards other dogs.
Didn't catch most of the woman with the BC...and the people with the lab...agree with whats already been said!
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Am i going mad? The episode I saw on monday had the 2 Chihuahuas on, and that the epsiode with the GSD isnt on till next monday?

Have i lost the plot?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
Am i going mad? The episode I saw on monday had the 2 Chihuahuas on, and that the epsiode with the GSD isnt on till next monday?

Have i lost the plot?
No, you haven't
It is re-run on various days. I think Thursday is the first day for new ones then repeated on Monday. So sorry if we have all spoilt the surprise of what's going to happen on Monday for you
ramoth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:33 PM
I must have lost the plot altogether

Is this another series of Dog Borstal or a repeat of a previous one? This is not the same series as the one with our little friend the Pug (no offence meant as I am hopeless with names ) is it?

Don't know wether it's New New Dog Borstal or Old New Dog Borstal I'm confused
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:36 PM
New dog borstal...it stopped for a couple of weeks over Christmas and I think that one was the last in the series...
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by ramoth View Post
I must have lost the plot altogether

Is this another series of Dog Borstal or a repeat of a previous one? This is not the same series as the one with our little friend the Pug (no offence meant as I am hopeless with names ) is it?

Don't know wether it's New New Dog Borstal or Old New Dog Borstal I'm confused
it was the last of the new series
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:42 PM
i feel in love with the german shepard gorgeous.
couldnt believe when the judge made that comment about the lady who owned the lab her control i was glad to see her boyfriend was making a effort to do things with the dog + well what can i say about the little collie x expect he was lovely + i loved the dancing mick got them doing but as for the owner no comment. i hope the he got better
vic.zara2007
New Member!
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:46 PM
how good was it last night i really enjoyed it that woman with the collie was really bad but the dog was lovely what do you people think???
ramoth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Aha, I thought it had finished before Xmas.
Elli Bell
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I have really enjoyed the series, agreeing with some training methods and not others but totally agree with Mic Martin last night when he had a pop at the girl with the beautiful border collie who slept in could not be ar*ed even to see to the dog after it had been ill.........the gist being DON'T GET A DOG!!. Saying that, I think Mic Martin's hard man 'act' has been hilarious with his continual reference to his police and military training, press ups etc. It has to be a wind up surely?.................
Page 37 of 45 « First < 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »