Thursday 18 January
9:00pm - 10:00pm
BBC3
Thanks alot for that info, I wil be able to watch it this time now
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2007, 12:03 PM
To correct a previously made statement, I'm assured that Mic has never been the senior trainer on DB. In fact, there is no hierarchy at all.
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-01-2007, 01:06 PM
certainly no hierarchy - although may be just his personality means people remember him more?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 03:33 PM
I was really pleased to see clicker training being done with Buddy/Bertie - a few seconds only but at least it showed just how animated, excited, intelligent that dog could be - what a little star

I may be wrong but don't imagine that was taught by a Borstal trainer - nice to see, but a bit frustrating if a completely different trainer was involved (eg a clicker trainer).

Made my day to see that, it did

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
To correct a previously made statement, I'm assured that Mic has never been the senior trainer on DB. In fact, there is no hierarchy at all.
Thanks,

Wys
x
ClaireS
New Member!
Female 

16-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Wysiwyg that bit at the end with Bertie was brilliant wasn't it! It was amazing what he had picked up! His owner said in the catch up bit that she had started training him as an obedience dog, so the clicker training must have been something she decided to do with him after Dog Borstal.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I can't believe it! I bought a digibox specifically to watch Dog Borstal - just to find out last night's episode was the last one! Typical

Oh well, I enjoyed last night's programme a lot. I felt the lady with the GSD did really well and was very committed to improving her dog's behaviour, the couple with the black Lab did try hard but were a bit dizzy and the third woman with the small child should never, ever, in a million years own a border collie!!

What were other's views?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I can't believe it! I bought a digibox specifically to watch Dog Borstal - just to find out last night's episode was the last one! Typical

Oh well, I enjoyed last night's programme a lot. I felt the lady with the GSD did really well and was very committed to improving her dog's behaviour, the couple with the black Lab did try hard but were a bit dizzy and the third woman with the small child should never, ever, in a million years own a border collie!!

What were other's views?
You summed up my feelings exactly. It was so nice to watch the GSD - it picked things up so quickly & seemed so eager to please. It was also really nice to see her letting it off the lead on a walk at the end.

As for the lady with the bc & the child, well! It really winds me up the number of people on the programme who have been given the opportunity for free training & don't even have the courtesy to be on time. Anyway. I did wonder whether Mic would suggest she should re-home it. It was as Mic said - when she was told what to do, she could do it pretty well, but she just didn't think for herself and seemed to have no understanding of what the dog needed. However, it did say at the start that her OH had left - perhaps she had no say in getting the dog in the 1st place. At least she seemed to have learnt something from going on the programme & hopefully that will benefit the dog.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

What were other's views?
I was so pleased how the lady and her GSD (Otto?) got on - she obviously wanted to sort out his problems and he really wanted to please his mum!

As for 'Ken and Barbie' - to quote Mic, they did work hard but they put my back up slightly when they were talking about Otto, saying they didn't like having to walk past him and their dog should not have had to deal with that. Why did they think Otto was there in the first place - because he was the model dog whose owner had nothing better to do than attend Dog Borstal or because he is a dog who has problems that his owner wants to sort out?

The lady with the border collie - hmmm? As you have said Hali, she could do it when she tried but she just didn't seem committed. Not quite sure why she went on the show?

Is she the first that has not been allowed to take the test? I think in the first series Mic's 2 ladies with the boxer ran away and then recently Rob's man with the 2 dogs - I can't remember what they were - rehomed one of his dogs to a local farm during the show.
Page 36 of 45 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 > Last »