Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post

But nobody was born bad there are reasons why so many young people feel so disengaged from society and look for safety in gangs etc.
Have never agreed with that statement.I grew up with someone who came from same type of middle class parents as i and was always in bother as a child,but he went totally off the rails at around 15 and hasnt stopped.Done several stints in prison and cant see him stopping (we're both 41 now).

He was a nasty piece of work in childhood and will die a nasty old man.Some people are born bad.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Have never agreed with that statement.I grew up with someone who came from same type of middle class parents as i and was always in bother as a child,but he went totally off the rails at around 15 and hasnt stopped.Done several stints in prison and cant see him stopping (we're both 41 now).

He was a nasty piece of work in childhood and will die a nasty old man.Some people are born bad.
My cousin is like this, but she was a "naughty child" and it just got worse.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I guess we will disagree then. I believe there are reasons people turn out the way they do. Some are obvious reasons some aren't.

Side note: I believe everybody is born bad but that's another discussion. And by a whole different standard.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Side note: I believe everybody is born bad but that's another discussion. And by a whole different standard.
start a new thread with that one!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
no, the first part where I wrote your name and the quote was addressed to you/for your attention. TBH I thought you may have worked out the fact that you hadn't mentioned anything to do with the rest meant it wasn't specifically for your attention.

Maybe you need to learn to multi quote then cos no one else's name appeared on your post so how the hell do we know who it was in response to.

As it 'appens I know a bit about deprivation as I grew up in a very deprived area of London when it just seemed normal to us, we didn't blame everything that happened in life on the crappy area we grew up in and nor did we think we were deprived, we just strived to do better for ourselves.
Actually I think anyone blaming the riots on deprivation is being extremely insulting to all the others who are just as deprived and yet not only didn't go out on the rampage but turned out the next day to clear up after the rioters.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Maybe you need to learn to multi quote then cos no one else's name appeared on your post so how the hell do we know who it was in response to.

As it 'appens I know a bit about deprivation as I grew up in a very deprived area of London when it just seemed normal to us, we didn't blame everything that happened in life on the crappy area we grew up in and nor did we think we were deprived, we just strived to do better for ourselves.
Actually I think anyone blaming the riots on deprivation is being extremely insulting to all the others who are just as deprived and yet not only didn't go out on the rampage but turned out the next day to clear up after the rioters.
I think its fair to say deprivation is one of a multitude of issues that have led to the issues we have today.
I speak as a 23 yr old who has not only grown up with some of the young people involved in riots but has 5 yrs experience working with disengaged young people and on gang related violence projects.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well in future I will S P E L L I T O U T just for you
good for you
And I think you know nothing much about the effect of economic decisions on society TODAY....your posts make it clear. When I showed a report on studies predicting social unrest in britain from 2009, then the proof of what I am saying being true (the point of the thread is social unrest/riots) this makes me come across as deranged (sorry should have said, I believe everything on the BBC)
I grew up in an area of multiple deprivation too. That in itself does not teach you about how people learn, the social model of health, health issues in communities, inequalities and the effect of them on society, social justice, global policy to local realities.....or are you different, you popped out the womb knowing all about it?

Trouble, if you don't agree with me, fine. So why go on about me being 'deranged' and 'ffs' and 'how do we know who its in response to' (er the people who did comment on that will know they have and its a public forum discussion, I do not have to respond solely to you)

WHY did the 'greed' come about and why did it make people burn something the were apparently 'greedy' for? (if you think its greed?)
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2011, 08:51 PM
start a new thread with that one!!!
Religious discussions don't go too well on here. This belief is rooted in scripture.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
I think its fair to say deprivation is one of a multitude of issues that have led to the issues we have today.
I speak as a 23 yr old who has not only grown up with some of the young people involved in riots but has 5 yrs experience working with disengaged young people and on gang related violence projects.
thank you. Someone who is in touch with reality.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2011, 09:14 PM
And I think you know nothing much about the effect of economic decisions on society TODAY....your posts make it clear. When I showed a report on studies predicting social unrest in britain from 2009, then the proof of what I am saying being true (the point of the thread is social unrest/riots) this makes me come across as deranged (sorry should have said, I believe everything on the BBC)
I grew up in an area of multiple deprivation too. That in itself does not teach you about how people learn, the social model of health, health issues in communities, inequalities and the effect of them on society, social justice, global policy to local realities.....or are you different, you popped out the womb knowing all about it?

Trouble, if you don't agree with me, fine. So why go on about me being 'deranged' and 'ffs' and 'how do we know who its in response to' (er the people who did comment on that will know they have and its a public forum discussion, I do not have to respond solely to you)

WHY did the 'greed' come about and why did it make people burn something the were apparently 'greedy' for? (if you think its greed?)
The proof of what you are saying, that article or study stated we would have 50% unemployment when in reality it's around 13% or thereabouts and 100% inflation when in reality it's around 5% so how the hell does that study explain the economic causes behind the riots.
When you put a persons name in your reply it's not unreasonable to assume you are talking to the person named, if that's not the case leave my name out of it, and don't be so damned rude.
I learned about deprivation by living it, so don't assume you know anything about me.
What they were greedy for was the goods they stole not the arson, that was just them destroying other people's businesses, homes and cars, little treasures that they are.
Page 36 of 47 « First < 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 > Last »