Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I didn't see that sorry, must have been typing !

Sorry i've heard excuses for kids bead behaviour and bullying when my son was bullied at school...."oh they are having trouble fitting into school" so that makes it ok then does it to bully and misbehave ! sorry it doesn't wash ! this is exactly what i'm talking about !
and what was your solution to the bullying?
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
and what was your solution to the bullying?
There was no solution, its still going on...i've had various meetings with the school and my son was sent home with some booklet called "sticks and stones" where on one of the pages the victim is prompted to ask themselves whether or not they invite themselves to be bullied is their body language giving out the wrong signals blah blah blah

Whe i asked if the bullies parents had been informed i was told it was none of my business ! what a joke
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Your posts are a bit deranged at times tbh, I have never mentioned the 1940's or the war or prostitution or anything else your rabbiting on about. I've never mentioned hanging or death in childbirth which still happens far too often.
I have also never mentioned postwar crime so try and stay with me love.
It's lovely in my bubble, we work hard, pay our taxes and don't covet what we can't afford.
Greed has been with us since time immemorial what's your point?
no, the first part where I wrote your name and the quote was addressed to you/for your attention. TBH I thought you may have worked out the fact that you hadn't mentioned anything to do with the rest meant it wasn't specifically for your attention.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:43 PM
There was no solution, its still going on...i've had various meetings with the school and my son was sent home with some booklet called "sticks and stones" where on one of the pages the victim is prompted to ask themselves whether or not they invite themselves to be bullied is their body language giving out the wrong signals blah blah blah

Whe i asked if the bullies parents had been informed i was told it was none of my business ! what a joke
Contact the head of Education and inform them you request a meeting with the parents of the bully and the bully present while you and your son is there and you are going to mediate the situation as this cannot be allowed to continue further. If it does they are infringing you childs rights as this will affect him growing into a healthy individual. That should work.

EDIT; I am not talking about the head teacher! Infact they will probably get a telling off but anyhoo...different councils have different titles so you will probably be looking for Chair of Education and Children's Services or similar.

EDIT AGAIN: If you take issue with the booklet then raise that too but remember you have several councillors you can contact about this too.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I think it it would be quite insulting to someone whose home or business had been destroyed by rioters, or family members had been murdered to say that it is important to establish why these individuals had done what they had done. The reality is that there are some individuals who are simply bad. They can harp on all they like about not having money, opportunities or even respect but that does not give them the excuse to behave in the way they did. So their life sucks sometimes. So what? Deal with it. Everyone's life sucks sometimes, we don't all go around endangering people's lives and ruining their lives.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I think it it would be quite insulting to someone whose home or business had been destroyed by rioters, or family members had been murdered to say that it is important to establish why these individuals had done what they had done. The reality is that there are some individuals who are simply bad. They can harp on all they like about not having money, opportunities or even respect but that does not give them the excuse to behave in the way they did. So their life sucks sometimes. So what? Deal with it. Everyone's life sucks sometimes, we don't all go around endangering people's lives and ruining their lives.
If this is directed at me (?) I have posted SEVERAL times that I am not saying people should not have consequences or that prisons don't have their place.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
So 'good kids' are not praised for handing in good work?What if the 'bad kid' never gets praise because his work is too messy or isnt correct and his home life is ****, when does he get +R to be able to improve?
As for the last bit did you not see the part of my post that already commented on HOW they got the anti-social behaviour stamped out?
Whoppee doo !

I've had my son badly bullied by a kid who "doesn't have a good home life" this doesn't excuse this behaviour

It sickens me that kids that cause chaos and even hit their teachers are given excuses because of whatever, as i said what do the good kids get ? not taken on days out thats for sure, we've got it the wrong way round in this country for sure.

What message does rewarding bad behaviour give the kids that don't misbehave ?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Whoppee doo !

I've had my son badly bullied by a kid who "doesn't have a good home life" this doesn't excuse this behaviour
no one said it did
It sickens me that kids that cause chaos and even hit their teachers are given excuses because of whatever, as i said what do the good kids get ? not taken on days out thats for sure, we've got it the wrong way round in this country for sure.

What message does rewarding bad behaviour give the kids that don't misbehave ?
As I said there is a way to get the bullying sorted out.

Kids being taken out actually dosnt affect your son being bullied, thats a bugbear, not a solid reason for 'it dosnt work'.

HOWEVER, that being said when they are gone the others can learn.

As for how good the schemes in place are...depends on a lot too. However I would think since funding has been cut, results will lower too.

EDIT; The curriculum here has been changed too so lots more work will be practical etc so help to reduce some of this (I am not saying eliminate, but reduce)

EDIT AGAIN;
What if the 'bad kid' never gets praise because his work is too messy or isnt correct and his home life is ****, when does he get +R to be able to improve?
compared to the one who gets +R at home and school, how does the 'bad kid' learn what works if they receive none?
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Those involved should be punished of course.

But nobody was born bad there are reasons why so many young people feel so disengaged from society and look for safety in gangs etc.

You can punish all you like but that is reactive we should be looking at why they feel the way they do or things are likely to get progressively worse.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
Those involved should be punished of course.

But nobody was born bad there are reasons why so many young people feel so disengaged from society and look for safety in gangs etc.

You can punish all you like but that is reactive we should be looking at why they feel the way they do or things are likely to get progressively worse.
This is my point too. That, and using ways that we know work. There is a lot to be said for community (and giving people a chance)
Page 35 of 47 « First < 25 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 45 > Last »