View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Some posts have been removed subject to our Posting Guidelines. Please spend a few minutes to refresh your memory of them.

Thank you
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
OH has his own plate but it was not the one I would really like which is AFF 1E. It wasn't available when he got his and I doubt if we could have afforded it anyway

Sue
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
[/B]

Thats your perogative

I'd rather spend it on my kids.
What like buy them what they want?? a pony or something??

Yeah..done that too!

My kids don't go without...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Speaking of which, I just saw V1 CKY about 2 hours ago and thought of you lot.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
OH OH OH

W31 RNR

I WAN IT!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
LOL..I bet the DVLA hit counter has gone beserk on its website

There are some brilliant ones about and if I don't get the set one then I'm going to be wasting hours on there searching for the next best thing.

Clive's brother is 50 next month and now Clive has got me searching for an appropiate one for him as a pressie..I think we've become addicted
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry Azz don't agree, whther the plate costs 200 or 20.000... if you can afford it , its your business to spend your money that you have earned on what you like.

Ego`s /flaws dont come into it... if it did , it goes across the board..you cant say someoen who spends 200 is doing it for a bit of feel good factor, but someone who is buying one for 20,000 is doing it because they have a flawed charater

As in all walks of life, one lives to ones standards... its that simple..if you can afford it.. and you want it why not buy it.

Does the same theory apply to someone who buys a house for over a million apposed to someone who buys one for 100k.
Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree

Imo, spending 1 million pounds on a house will generally get you something far far far more worthwhile than spending 50,000 on a PNP. A better house will generally mean a better standard of living. What will an expensive PNP add to your life?

And I never once said....

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
My word!! what they hell is it to do with ANYONE else if somebody chooses to have a private number plate? Next people will be told which cars they can and cant have, or have we done that too here!!!!!!!!!
I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do. All I said was what I'd be comfortable doing and why I think others get them. Is that really so bad?
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 06:31 AM
So you won't be going for MR54 AZZ then Azz?
Its a mere £679! An utter snip compared to Sheree's SE77 ERS
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree

Imo, spending 1 million pounds on a house will generally get you something far far far more worthwhile than spending 50,000 on a PNP. A better house will generally mean a better standard of living. What will an expensive PNP add to your life?

And I never once said....

I'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do. All I said was what I'd be comfortable doing and why I think others get them. Is that really so bad?
You can also count getting PP as an investment, my one is now worth more than it was when OH bought it
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-06-2009, 12:58 PM
MissE - but I'm not 54!! Plus I thought number plates with 'Z' in them were not original British ones?

Lionhound - that's one reason I forgot! Do they really go up in value? Is it a risky punt tho? I know the original ones from the DVLA did, not so sure about them now?
Page 30 of 35 « First < 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > Last »