View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Have only just read this and I am hoping Kismet has had a good night and is on the mend.
Its incredible how these things always seem to happen at a weekend, thats one of the reasons I am also registered with PAH vets as they open Sat and Sun all day for normal consultation fee so bar a dire emergency that must be seen at night I can use them for weekend emrgencies.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Hope all is well today with Kismet.

Look forwards to the update.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Just checking in, hope Kismet had a good night xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes I'm a bit worried about Kismet too? I hope you had a good night, and I hope you're not at the vets with her now? Hopefully it's just a bug, still got everything crossed for her.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Over night Kismet shifted from vomit to diarrhoea, she was still drinking though and I actually saw this as a good sign, at least it was less likely that it was an obstruction and more likely that we were looking at some kind of infection. I kept in contact with the emergency vets overnight and we worked out a way for the insurance to cover the emergency callout if we felt we needed it.

First thing in the morning I took her to my normal vet, who had been faxed by the emergency vet and so was up to speed on all symptoms. The vet gave her a check over and thought due to the high temperature and no pain in her abdomen that it was more likely to be a tummy bug than an obstruction which is good news, though she's obviously not out of the woods yet. Kismet was in the vets all morning. She's on a pharmacy of medication, two types of antibiotics, something to settle her stomach and a paste to try to firm things up.

She's back home now on small and often chicken and rice, which so far she has turned her nose up at... She still has had only a couple of dry biscuits today. she's still lethargic and hates the pills she has to take, but hates the paste more.

I'm still worried about her, but we're optimistic that whatever it is will pass.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Hopefully, the cocktail of meds will batter the bug into submission! x0x0x
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
The vet said there was a lot of this about too... As was mentioned earlier on this thread.

Other things I have done/ am doing... I have washed all dog food and water bowls in boiling water and petsafe disinfectant. Also washed all kismet's toys and threw away the ones that couldn't wash. Washed all dog beds and cleaned the conservatory floor with disinfectant as this is where Kis spends most of her time. Hosed down the yard and washed with patio cleaner.

Selkie had a bit of a runny bum, but cleared up in an afternoon, so far Pharaoh hasn't seemed to have had it.

Curiously though my OH is also poorly and has been off work today with a tummy bug. Related? Or sympathetic?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:28 PM
This must be such a worry for you. Poor old Kismet, I was hoping she would be fit and well today
I hope she will improve over night and more like her old self tomorrow.
Thinking of you.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Hopefully she is over her bug soon. Gentle (((hugs))) to her x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi, just wondered after noticing you are in colchester too which vet you used at which area you are in of Colchester. (just trying to avoid it with mine especially letting Milo get it with all his problems.)
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3