Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
The oldies are hanging on in there for my usual Christtmas feat which impresses them no end. - every year I go out and manage to hunt a Big Dead Bird and many pots of cream which they are good enough to help us eat.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
None of my dogs have ever played with toys (well, they've got meeee haven't they~!!!)so I buy them, wrap them, let them open them and walk away, then I take them all to the local dog's trust!!!

However, having said that, Dave got a little tiger from Tiger Island coz of his sponsorship of Zena, and when Georgie saw it, he fell in love with it, so I went out and bought him a monkey from P@H which he does play with now and again, so I might just try again this year with something soft and furry. He much prefers the food type of present though, as have they all!!

He'll also be getting a lamb shank bone if I can find one big enough!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Well we start with the edible dogs advent calendars, then I've ordered their crackers from the local dogs charity, but this year I've bought them a furry stocking each into which I shall put the gifts others send them, that way they may still be here on Christmas day & not already opened & consumed or played with. O they'll have a proper Chrismas stocking bought from Dogs Trust as well to open by the bed.
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Wembley will probably ask for food type presents, he loves food...and toys, so he'll get some new soft and squeaky toys, and lots of hugs and cuddles. That's just from us two, who knows what the rest of the family will get him!?
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Well already got a selection box for my beautiful duchess and a stocking each for my handsome boys Will be getting the boys a big rawhide chew each and some toys, so they are fully occupied and am also getting them a huge duvet for the lounge, which is really for me, as I hardly sit on the sofa nowadays remy will also be getting a coat, to keep her warm in the fields during winter.... This is my first Christmas with both Deacon and my girl
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I will be getting my Border Collie Dazzle, a huge raw hide bone, the largest tennis ball i can find and a fabric cage, mainly coz i want that for him plus some xmas themed toys all of them are going to be wrapped up with about a dozen layers as he loves tearing of the wrapping paper.

My Flat Coat River will also have the fabric cage, xmas toys, Raw hide Bone and huge snowman teddy, she loves cuddling up to teddies, but hers will only have piece of ribbon round for me to undo as she hasn't got time to deal with the hassle of ripping the paper open, she wants whats hers and she is on her way again.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Mo will probably get something soft and furry with a squeek, she doesn't like hard toys, and a packet of gravy bones.

YS you are very brave putting presents under the tree, Mo opens the lot whether they are for her or not
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Mo will probably get something soft and furry with a squeek, she doesn't like hard toys, and a packet of gravy bones.

YS you are very brave putting presents under the tree, Mo opens the lot whether they are for her or not
Whats the betting bruce will pull them all out..........
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
We get a couple of stuffed toys - I don't care if Missy destroys them - I love seeing her enjoying herself.
When we first got her she was scared of tearing paper, so I hid some treats in between layers and now she rips into the paper with gusto!
So I'll do another one of those this year too

All left under the tree, she has learned they must be left alone there and can only open them once they are offered to her
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Tonks is getting speyed for Christmas.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >