View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I just went on the website and requested an info pack too... So that may be 2 great things you did this week.... Helped that man feel connected and loved and passed it on, so more people will have the comfort of a friendly dog and a waggy tail. Maybe more dogsey dogs will be PAT dogs soon.

Selkie used to visit nurserys at christmas as 'Santa's snow dog' when I used to own a fancy dress shop. I had forgotten how fun and rewarding it is. So good for you and well done your Mum!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
i just requested my pack, im so excited i really want to be able to give something back to the community i live in
Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
this is something im seriously considering doing with Noah (Newf) i think he would make a ideal candidate.
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
I have just requested a info pack with a view to Ben becoming a PAT dog. I am so impressed with their work. I have never heard of them before. We have lots of homes in Runcorn. When I nip to the local shops we have to pass one and we often wave and Ben brings smiles and waves too.
Hope we get accepted.
That's three more potential PAT doggies anymore?
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Aw its so nice when you can make a difference, I have had a few moments like that as a carer and it does make it all worthwhile. you do such a wonderful Job and you and the dogs have obviousley have made that chaps day.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:52 PM
aww thankyou all, and well done you three!!! It really is great and the residents and patients love it, theres been a few times in the hospice Mum goes to as a visitor when people have asked if they want to see someone before... well. They've asked to see the dogs one last time - there i go crying buckets again x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Lovely.

I hope Tonks will be a PAT dog soon. I have the forms but need to continue with the walking on a loose lead as i see that they don't like you to use harnesses with the dogs. She can walk on a loose lead, but can be a bit erratic with it! We have the not jumping up when people greeting off to a tea now.

Hopefully it won't be long before we can be making a difference to people's lives like you are.
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2008, 04:08 PM
oh bless, you and those others are so good to give up your time to do things like that
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Well done, to you, your Mum and your dogs! I really hope that if I'm ever in a home someone will do that for me.

I just about managed to blink back the tears, and I don't ever think that's happened to me reading any forum, ever.

Well done,

J

PS Afraid to say no way my bouncy Pepper could manage to be a PAT dog and Gozo's too young to tell yet.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Wow thats amazing work Well done you and your doggies
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2008, 05:18 PM
aww thankyou guys x
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran