View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I read in the paper that Southend council were trying to ban dogs from being allowed on the beaches, sports pitches and some parks A few bad owners have made it bad for the rest of us Thankfully Castle Point council has yet to join in......yet
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 06:31 PM
The Southend ban was sneaked in - apparently 700 people were `consulted` and of those 70% were concerned about dog fouling which gives the council the go-ahead to ban dogs!
We called the dog warden (who was not consulted) and she was no wiser than the rest of us.
Even now, we have no idea how this will affect us.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
The Southend ban was sneaked in - apparently 700 people were `consulted` and of those 70% were concerned about dog fouling which gives the council the go-ahead to ban dogs!
We called the dog warden (who was not consulted) and she was no wiser than the rest of us.
Even now, we have no idea how this will affect us.
I was reading about it in the Echo today, on the readers replies.... you can tell who owns dogs and who doesn't! One woman said dog owners should respect others so they didn't have to walk with their heads down to avoid the mess!!! Talk about tar us all with the same brush, my pockets bulge with poo bags I hope it doesn't come my way, we love our walks in the woods and fields...
jumbosdad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-09-2008, 01:17 PM
my pockets bulge with poo bags
Talking of poo bags , if they are biodegradable make sure you take them out of your pockets before you wash your trousers, then b**ger up your filter!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I find it very sad that our society is becoming more and more anti dog...

But banning dogs from the New Forest?! I mean when they were on about banning them from public parks I thought we'd end up walking in woods and forests etc. if there were any nearby but what would we do if they were banned from there too?!

I just don't get it... the woodland walks we go on, we rarely see walkers without dogs so who would be left??

Plus, when on walks in public parks etc. some children and people don't like the dogs but I get a lot of kids coming up to ask if they can stroke my dogs and then they ask questions, and learn a lot... they love seeing dogs!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3