Female 

12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
Hope all goes well for Dave today H, wishing you both a positive outcome xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks everyone.

I just rang to see how many hours they will keep him in there, and a lovely nurse said he has just this minute been taken through, so he'll be at least 1 1/2 hours! That's a long time to be going through that I would have thought??? She was very nice and I explained that I needed to know a rough idea of time to pick him up coz I couldn't leave mum on her own etc. etc. I said I felt awful just dumping him off at the main entrance like I did, but the car park was soooo full he would have been late, and she said not to worry coz he seemed quite happy, bless him, I feel all sorry for him now!

I won't know anything now until at least 5.30 then at this rate. I thought it was a 10 minute job, not 1 1/2 hours! Poor Dave.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks everyone.

I just rang to see how many hours they will keep him in there, and a lovely nurse said he has just this minute been taken through, so he'll be at least 1 1/2 hours! That's a long time to be going through that I would have thought??? She was very nice and I explained that I needed to know a rough idea of time to pick him up coz I couldn't leave mum on her own etc. etc. I said I felt awful just dumping him off at the main entrance like I did, but the car park was soooo full he would have been late, and she said not to worry coz he seemed quite happy, bless him, I feel all sorry for him now!

I won't know anything now until at least 5.30 then at this rate. I thought it was a 10 minute job, not 1 1/2 hours! Poor Dave.
Hugs hun as I know you'll be worried about him brave man is your Dave you know xxxxxxxxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Aitch.

My Hubby had a colonoscopy yesterday and he was apprehensive about it too, ovbviously, but when I picked him up to drive him home after it his first words were "well it was not as bad as I had imagined". Hope this gives Dave some consolation. My Hubby is fine today and has had no after effects.

They told him that there was a slight inflammation at one side of the bowel, but that it was nothing to worry about but they took samples to send for a biopsy as a matter of course, Results will be with his GP in the nexrt 2/3 weeks so we are hoping the doctor was being honest when he said nothing to worry about,

My O/H says that he is not worrying but then we all know what men are like !!!! I am hoping that he is right and that it is not anything serious.

However back to what I was originally saying my O/H said that if it was necessary and he had to go for another colonoscopy he would not be worried as the procedure was not as bad as he had envisaged. His exact words were after all that apprehension "It was a doddle".
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks Lorraine, brave and funny all at the same time is Dave!!!

Phew! Thanks for all that info Eunice, that's put my mind at rest! It doesn't sound half as bad as what I had with my angiogrammes where they stuck a catheter in my groin and went up into my heart, that was a lot more dangerous than this procedure I would have thought too! I didn't like the fact that he didn't get rid of much after drinking the two lots of stuff they gave him though? I remember years ago when I had that I was on the toilet all night, but Dave only went a couple of times which seems very, very odd to me It sounds like he had cleared himself out though because he said it was like neat water coming out of a hose in the end, which is obviously what they want, a nice clean flushed bowel to take a good old look! Of course like you, I'm worried sick quite honestly, but I'm hoping it will turn out just like your husband's has, and I wish him all the very best with his results of the biopsy too, I do hope everything will be ok for him. This really is a man thing isn't it, especially middle aged, and I wonder why that is? Hopefully, the fact that he didn't sit on the loo all night and all morning, means I've been feeding him all the right things for the past 26 years and he's a fit and healthy chap inside as well as out!

I hope he's ok lying there with that camera, I can't stop thinking about him. In all our years we've only ever been separated when he's gone off to work or gone racing with his pals or something, but never in this type of situation, it's usually been me that's lying in the hospital bed. I say again then, poor Dave!

I'm ok really, I'm not pacing the floor, just a bit anxious, I'll be glad when it's all over just like he said to me on the way there. I leaned over for a kiss as he went to get out of the car, and he's never been that type, but he actually bothered to give me one on the lips as well!!! Bless him. It's times like this you realise just how much somebody means to you don't you. Just like when one of the dogs is in the vets, but as I said, this has never happened before with my Dave, he's always been healthy, I've never had to take him to the vets, oooops, sorry I mean the docs there!!!!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi Aitch

To put your mind at rest Robert was the same and how you described it as clear water out of a hose is just what he said too though, only at the loo a few times and not on the loo all night.

Robert is diabetic so he went in at 8.30 yesterday morning and I got the call to say he could be picked up at 11.am longest 2 and a half hours of my life, so know what you mean.

Hope Dave does okay . Thinking of you both.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
thinking of ya just now, never mind hun It wont be long now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Hope everything has gone OK Helena
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
No news yet and I don't want to pester them until at least 5.30, but thanks for your well wishes. I'm planning on cooking him something nice, but I'm wondering if he'll be allowed to eat normally having an empty bowel like that??? Do you think they'll recommend a light meal of fish or something coz he hates fish (Lol! like that kid on the advert, love him, he says "I 'ate fish!!!! ).

I thought about a roasted bit of chicken and some new pots and veg or something? I dunno He's usually easy coz he only eats salad during the week he likes it so much, but that'll be far too strenuous for an empty bowel I would have thought??? Heeeeelp, it doesn't say anything on the forms they've given me!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No news yet and I don't want to pester them until at least 5.30, but thanks for your well wishes. I'm planning on cooking him something nice, but I'm wondering if he'll be allowed to eat normally having an empty bowel like that??? Do you think they'll recommend a light meal of fish or something coz he hates fish (Lol! like that kid on the advert, love him, he says "I 'ate fish!!!! ).

I thought about a roasted bit of chicken and some new pots and veg or something? I dunno He's usually easy coz he only eats salad during the week he likes it so much, but that'll be far too strenuous for an empty bowel I would have thought??? Heeeeelp, it doesn't say anything on the forms they've given me!
whats his fav food,, I would do whatever he likes, if it says nothing on the forms, then mabey it doesnt make much diff,,,
list his three fav foods and we can take a vote on what to make him,, then you can blame us lot if he cant have it or he doesnt fancy it
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »