View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Jackie, I hope everything gets sorted tomorrow, you know all your friends here will be thinking of you.
Best wishes xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Thank you all very much

my sight is going abit now so am gonna sign off and rest

will try to get on in the morning once i have spoken to the hospital, to keep you all informed

thanx once again
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
Take it easy Jackie. Hope to get some good news tomorrow.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 07:22 PM
So sorry you've had such a nasty experience Jackie, certainly don't let it drop. All the best for tomorrow, hope you get some relief soon hun. We'll be thinking of you. xx

By the way, here's the link to PALS, I highly recommend them also.

http://www.pals.nhs.uk/
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
i hope u get sorted out asap. when my dad was in hosp all they had to do was see from his notes he was highly allergic to penicillin. but they carried on giving it to him. he was in such a state. couldnt swallow. developed pneumonia. i used to go and feed him icecream. that was all he could swallow. and they just used to leave his food on a tray.
shows who dumb they where, they gave a muslim patiet. PORK. then offered him a ham sandwhich. i told them in the end.
but when all this was going off my dad was so ill. i didnt complain. the hosp and social services i should of let rip at them.
good luck for 2morow.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 08:41 PM
So sorry that you have had to go through this.

All I can say is take care and rest, I really hope you can get it sorted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (((((((((hugs)))))))))
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience Jackie, there are good and bad in all walks of life, it's just a shame you have experienced the bad.

I'm lucky, during my last stay in hospital all the staff, HO's and Consultants were absolutely lovely. Nothing was too much trouble and the care was second to none! Really couldn't have asked for more.

I worked a 12 hour nightshift last night during which one patient had a crash call put out due to cardiac arrest, one patient had 3 Grand Mal seizures (and needed continuous monitoring) and another pt had an EWS of 8 (and a blood transfusion as a result). 3 very poorly patients and only 2 staff nurses + 1 HCA to cope with it all (plus the other 19 patients requesting pain relief/commodes etc). As it turned out none of us got our breaks and I stayed until 09:30 to help out with my epileptic pt as she was still fitting at the end of my shift. I will have worked and extra 2 and a half hours which the hospital will refuse to pay me for and I was nearly in tears at the end of it all, but I really do believe I did my best in the given circumstances.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Oh Jackie, what an awful ordeal. I am sending you lots of hugs because I have no other suggestions.
Lots of love
xxx
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2008, 09:04 AM
So sorry your having such a bad time of it - and as for the way they treated you - that's unbelievable.

OK, so BIH is fairly uncommon but I still can't believe that they don't know how to deal with it! As for the tutting nurse - how would she like to put up with the feeling of someone repeatedly slammign a concrete block against her head and then have someone scream!

Am intrigued by the fact you can only have your LP's under x-ray as I've never even been given that option (ok yes my back looks like a dart board but then I am up to something like 35 LP's - or i was before it stabilised)

I hope it all gets sorted out for you soon and the LP relieves the pressure. I can't believe that your neuro has no cover when he goes on holiday!

Stick with the complaint though as until you have your shunt or the BIH comes under control some other way then you are going to have to go into hospital again - and possibly in an emergency.

Please if you sight does start going wonky then insist on being taken in straight away - can't your GP refer you as an amergency transfer?

Take care and am thinking of you
Kate
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Thinking of you hun, and hoping you're feeling a bit better this morning, and hoping you manage to get your LP sorted very quickly
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »