Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear, but it takes a real man to openly admit he's done wrong
Agree totally!

So you made a mistake, possibly a quite expensive mistake, but it was a genuine mistake. And if your wife is angry that you filled up her car with the incorrect fuel, next time let her fill the tank
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 08:41 AM
ha ha!!! my boss did that to his wife BRAND NEW X5!!! Then drove it 30 miles to work!!!

Apparently he kept having a go at her all the way down the motorway saying she had bought a dud car as it was making loads of clunking noises!!she even asked him if he had put the correct fuel in and he said "Dont be ridiculous! of course i have!"

Luckily it only cost his £200 for a drain and clean and no damage was done!!!

Lucky sod! the parts would have cost a FORTUNE..
I think perfume, dinner and a nice necklace should do the trick!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Its a mistake! You didn't do it deliberately - and I wouldn't be expecting flowers and trinkets.
I'd expect you to pay to have it fixed and I'd say "I can't believe you did that" and shake my head at you, but that'd be it!

Actually on my diesel you can't do that. The size of the opening won't accommodate a petrol pump.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Actually on my diesel you can't do that. The size of the opening won't accommodate a petrol pump.
That's a very good point, I remember when they were changing over from leaded to unleaded the size of the filler cap pipe was changed to prevent the wrong fuel being used so it shouldn't be too difficult to do that with diesel and petrol should it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3