Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
The rescues could contact the breeders themselves and then add the breeders names to the list if they refuse to take back?
Yep but sadly some rescues will not contact either breeders or breed rescue either.
Becky
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
if your reasoning is correct so should everyone who puts a bet on the grand national.
uh huh :smt002

Anyway back to the naming and shaming, do you think it would work?
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Yep but sadly some rescues will not contact either breeders or breed rescue either.
Becky
That would just mean they wouldn't be added to the list. What about those rescues that do contact the breeders and the breeders refuse to take back, would it not be a good idea to publically name and shame them?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:27 PM
uh huh :smt002

Anyway back to the naming and shaming, do you think it would work?
nope its dumb
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:29 PM
nope its dumb
Why is it dumb?
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Why is it dumb?
first of all greyhounds are bred for racing,and as with any sport there is money involved,there would be a big economic impact on the whole country if racing of any kind was stopped,unemployment would go up there are many people who,for them this is their living and their life and they care,all the kennel staff,racetrack staff,breeders and so on. to me you are all wasting your time, if you were targeting breeders where they are selling to the general public maybe it would work,these dogs are sold on their pedigree,racing history etc I work in the equine industry,we buy horses on their pedigree regardless of who bred them and how shady the breeder is,if the horse has a high speed index we will buy it.
I dont know about over there but here the greyhound track has a contract with a lady,(my friend)they pay her to take the hounds who are retired, and support them till they are rehomed,you cant assume that because these dogs were stray that they were turned loose from the track,you cant attack people who live their lives for this sport based on assumptions, you will never make an impact therefore you are wasting your time.therefore its dumb
you would be better off putting all your effort into compiling a list of the dogs who need homes or sponsors it would probably be a better use of your time
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I can't see how it would work with pet strays though, unless you were able to trace the breeder via microchip? It's different for greyhounds they are easily traced and think the naming and shaming of them is great idea - well done to the person/rescue who is organising it.

I'm saying breeders who have been contacted by the rescues but still refuse to take one of their own dogs back, should we compile a list and add their names, each time this happens, have it available for members of the public, rescues and ethical breeders to see who the culprits are.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I can't see how it would work with pet strays though, unless you were able to trace the breeder via microchip? It's different for greyhounds they are easily traced and think the naming and shaming of them is great idea - well done to the person/rescue who is organising it.

I'm saying breeders who have been contacted by the rescues but still refuse to take one of their own dogs back, should we compile a list and add their names, each time this happens, have it available for members of the public, rescues and ethical breeders to see who the culprits are.
but its not the general public who buy these dogs so whats the point?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Yes you could do that then you'd have a solicitor on your butt, you could be charged with slander and god only knows what else, the law is a a$$ when it comes to animals, and the people who are spending there money buying dogs from puppy farmers and byb are keeping them in buiness and you imo would be better of educating people on what they need to look for buying a well rounded ,well bred health tested dog.
Its like counterfiet goods people will always go for the cheaper one wether it lasts or not is imatrial at the time of purchase, people need educated so educate.
xxzbxx
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 03:17 PM
but its not the general public who buy these dogs so whats the point?
Are we talking on cross purposes here? are you saying the public don't buy pups from breeders??

Zoeybeau, they'd be no slander, all the list would state is that one of their dogs ended up in rescue, whether they came from a puppy farm, back yards breeder or ethical breeder.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »