View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Well I'm having a hard time keeping my head in my current job while working my notice. I'm trying to be a professional as I can while doing as good a job as I always have but really want to tell a lot of people to sod right off! Any manager above my immediate manager's level just want a kick up the a**e! They are losing 9 years experience in IT support the day my colleague and I leave and are left with 2 permanent members of staff and 2 rubbish contractors. Do they do anything about it, do they b******s! They then had the nerve to email my boss and tell him the knowledge level on the support desk was going down the pan. No s**t! Pay peanuts, get monkeys!!!! These are the same managers that said support desk staff were 10 a penny and school leavers could do our job. Oh yeah, then there's the manager who said we should be grateful to have a job at all. Nice eh?
I know I'm leaving and moving on but it still riles me that they haven't a clue what they're doing. I've got the worst urge to tell them a few home truths before I leave!
Then there's the contractor whose personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. He was told only last week he had to sort himself off but he's still wearing the manky smell sweatshirt he hasn't changed in the 4 weeks he's been with us Ughhhhhhhhhh! It's awful. Today I told my supervisor if he doesn't sort it, I will! There's no excuse for uncleanliness!
Just trying to see out my time without telling the lot of them exactly what I think of them! Think my boss secretly wishes I'd just go ahead and do it! LOL
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 09:16 PM
My rant for the day.
My 8 year old wont go to bed,hes a terrible sleeper, ive a rotten stomach from the steriods for my skin condition and i ran outta puppy food, also i had no peas for dinner,so had to have carrotts which i hate.my stepdaughter ,boyfriend and son came and the house was a war zone for 2 hrs,we missed all the soaps only only just shut up the kids for insight.my rant for the day seems trivial hugs for everyone else.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:12 PM
My wife is on heat and I am not allowed nooky! My Son and I made to keep away from her, she is getting pampered more than us too and still allowed on the furniture whereasd I am not, that is unfair, my Son agrees too only he is only 4 months old so can also be a real pain chewing my tail when I am trying to kip oh I could go on but guess wont get any sympathy being male !!!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by petebren View Post
My wife is on heat and I am not allowed nooky! My Son and I made to keep away from her, she is getting pampered more than us too and still allowed on the furniture whereasd I am not, that is unfair, my Son agrees too only he is only 4 months old so can also be a real pain chewing my tail when I am trying to kip oh I could go on but guess wont get any sympathy being male !!!!!
P.M.S.L. Jeepers had to read this a few times
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 10:22 PM
ok we have no central heating, new boiler was supposed to be fitted this week but dad not heard back from the guy! typical!
OH has stormed off to bed saying IM in a mood when he has been snippy all evening , sorry correction he has been upstairs all evening graced me with his presence for 10 mins when he told me i was in a bad mood and f****D off to bed!! so sod him!!

Am constantly knackered working 60 hrs a week, just had me gel nails done and burnt my middle knuckle on my left hand when drying them by accidentally touching the fire!!!

god bless the bottle of cava on the coffee table !!!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 11:21 PM
well i now have a moan

about half a hour ago i had a dining room full of firemen!!!

hubby was in the garden burning some rubbish (he does it late at nite so as not to upset the neighbours)

i had just got out the bath and i see blue flashing lights outside
looks out the window and have 2 fire engines there
i opened the door (in my nite clothes)
told then hubby was having a bonfire, but they wanted to see it
so i had to walk all the way down the garden( which is long) in the dark
,to take them to my hubby
they said we should have rang the control room to let them know never had to do that before!!
so them i bring them back into the house and by this time my feet are all muddy, to find my dining room with around 7-8 firemen there chatting my eldest up
i was not amused and to top it all they left muddy footprints all over my carpet
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
My rant for the day.
My 8 year old wont go to bed,hes a terrible sleeper, ive a rotten stomach from the steriods for my skin condition and i ran outta puppy food, also i had no peas for dinner,so had to have carrotts which i hate.my stepdaughter ,boyfriend and son came and the house was a war zone for 2 hrs,we missed all the soaps only only just shut up the kids for insight.my rant for the day seems trivial hugs for everyone else.
Just a typical evening for you then sis xxdk
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
My rant is for my friend, when her son and d.i.l. asked if they could move into her one bedroom flat while an extention was put onto their house she agreed and they also asked if she could move in with her daughter so they and their 3 kids could have the place to themselves, so she did.
Well over 10 weeks later she finally got her flat back today, and it's like something out of How clean is your house, there's mould growing in every corner and along the windowsill as well as up the curtains, the floor is covered in everything imaginable, there's mouldy food stuck to the inside of the fridge, empty larger cans left lying everywhere, when she pulled furniture out there were alice bands hair clips, kiddies purses, food wrappers all that sort of things under it, the looe was filthy, I don't have the words to describe how bad it is, but it makes me so mad to think they left it like that for her, but she wont say a word to them as she's afraid they'll take the hump and she wont see the girls anymore.

ok, that's my rant over.

I'm still fuming about this, it played on my mind all night, I'm that angry I might have to post some pics I took so you can all have a rant as well, might make me feel better
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Hospital parking !

Between visiting a friend and going to may own appointments at Perth Hospital & Dundee hospital it's costing me a fortune!

I don't mind paying once in a while as a visitor but we're talking 3 or 4 quid a pop.

A couple of years ago i was attending the hospital in perth 3 times a week for UVB therapy treatment. I'm in and out in about 10 mins but it was costing me £10 a week for about 10 weeks.

OK - I often park in a side street and walk rather than pay but it's a fair old hike. For people that find this difficult (and being a hospital I suspect there's a lot) it's a right scam.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Yes Phil a agree
i have to go to the hospital every monday up till xmas now and have been doing for the last 8 months due to my condition and it costs us £4 everytime we go

sometimes i have 2 appointments on 1 day and they are normally 3-4 hours apart so if we do leave the car park it costs £8 a day
i think it is terrible to be honest the hospitals must be making so much money yet they have nothing to show for it
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >