View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I think its just disgusting to spend this sort of money on something they dont even need when there is so many people and animals that are going to die in the world through lack of funds
:smt009
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:13 PM
well thats my view too- although it is their money and they can spend how they like-
and its not as if they worked hard to earn it either
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Sad to teach kids that money = love
I bet they would be just as pleased with something less expenssive.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I only have the one child too and belive me she isnt on her own through choice. Shes spoilt to an extent as me and the OH work very hard so why should`nt we lavish whatever money we have on her?
I understand my daughter is probably more privileged than most children her age, but I do know where to draw the line, and she knows when to stop.
Shes growing up into quite a considerate young lady that worries about all sorts of things, and still weeks after the Tsunami disaster she worries about all the children having to go without food, water and toys to play with. So much so days after the appeal all the things that me and the OH had worked so very hard to provide her with that she no longer uses or plays with, she asked us if she could have a car boot with them to raise money for the appeals. This is a five year old that worries about all sorts of things that she sees on the news, so I have no doubts in my mind that so far we have everything to be proud of to regards her upbringing I feel theres nothing right now to worry about, in all fairness we dont know how the Beckhams are rearing their children even though the money they spend on them seems to be ridiculous, having thought more about it things morning I felt that I was in no fit state to judge having spent over £300 last week buying a new tv and video recorder for no special reason for my daughter.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Not only did he have the £25,000 ear rings, According to the Daily Mail, other presents Brooklyn has received over the years include a Jacob's of New York watch (a replica of Daddy's) worth £6,000, a baby Porsche (like Daddy's) worth £5,000, and a mini Hummer car (like Daddy's full-size one) worth £22,000.

katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
ah i agree about the earrings thing as i wont even let my 6yr old daughter have earrings yet let alone my 6yr old son but as for the value of what they spend on him thats up to them. like somebody else said that amount of money is nothing to them and kids dont care how much things cost anyway at that age. my kids sometimes like the cheapest little thing out of all their xmas presents and ignore the hundred pound present. the beckhams are lovely people well he is for sure and as you know they live round the corner from me. my sister in law is a midwife at harlow hospital and on xmas day the beckhams visited the maternity unti and bought gifts for the babies and posed for pics and spent time with all the mums. it was unannounced and the press knew nothing about it so it wasnt done for publicity. they took 3 hours out of their xmas day to do this and all of the mums and staff were thrilled. they had just had their christening and bought christening cake for all the staff. i also work in the area they live and they actually have a house owned independantly half way down their drive i go through the beckhams security gate to get to the house. the lady that lives there said they are really kind and considerate people and the kids are lovely. i only met brooklyn when he was 3 and he played with my twins and david was an excellent father and he made sure brooklyn was polite the whole time and made him apologise when he banged into my son. i hate it when people continuousley knock them as they dont do anyone apart from themselves any harm so let them get on with it
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 02:33 PM
I may have made my daughter out to be a brat, but she isnt, she is kind hearted to a fault, giving her last penny to anything, be it a friend, a stranger, a just cause, or just spends it, it just burns a hole in her pocket, we have given her everything she wanted, we bought her a new car for her 18, (her 21st is coming in April) dont know how to top the car for her 18th) she didnt ask for the car we just bought it. the problem is she has never wanted for anything, so does not realise what it is like to not have things she wants. like we did as kids, I just hope the Beckhams income stays as high as it is, because those children, will eventually be devastated if they have to live normal lives. as far as the ear peircing goes, I did put my foot down on anything like that til she was 16 years of age.

Mo
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 02:36 PM
some footballers not long ago gave their weeks wages toward the tsunami.. If only all stars did this will all the stupids amount of money they get!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2005, 03:13 PM
money cant buy you love and whats more important ?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by mo
Having only had one child of which we tried for many years to get, we tended to let her have more or less what she wanted, to a degree, now that she is older she does not appreciate the value of money, in one pocket out the other, its our fault she is like this so take full responsibility, the fact that we are to a degree not short of money,(don't mean this in a bragging way) and remembering our parents scrimping and scraping every penny for us as children, led us to treat our daughter in this manner, but it is hard changing a lifetimes way, I think the parents will always need to have a large income, because this child will end up the same as my daughter only on a bigger scale, if I could go back in time there certainly would have been changes made.

Mo
We did more or less the same with our youngest son, he is now 19 and has not a clue about money..and it is our fault .
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >