register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-02-2005, 09:07 PM
there is a website with pics of liver, blue and black and tan staffs on it but Ill be damned if I can find it right now
will post link once I can dig it out for you
pete
Almost a Veteran

24-02-2005, 09:09 PM
is this a wind up for red nose day by any chance
CBT
Dogsey Senior

CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-02-2005, 09:12 PM
to be honest the pic of the liver one isnt a very good example, it is more of a red nosed red, but you do get the darker liver staffs and they have a darker brown nose
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

24-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by pete
well there could be another case for the rare colour brigade, now that blue is not so rare now ,could be the start of the rare red nose staff there may well be some about some were but i have never seen one. and if there is from what lines are they from.
As long as they have good soundness, health and temperament does it really matter what lines they are from?
pete
Almost a Veteran

24-02-2005, 10:18 PM
no your right tom about good soundness, health and temperament , i was just interested to know the lines i didnt say it mattered .
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

24-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by pete
no your right tom about good soundness, health and temperament , i was just interested to know the lines i didnt say it mattered .
Who knows then, it would be hard to say seeing as they are so uncommon.

Thanks for the pics CBT, that liver and white staff is gorgeous!
CBT
Dogsey Senior

24-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
but even when the pit bull wasnt on the DDA it wasnt desired so that cant be the reason?
I wasnt talking about the DDA though, I was meaning when the bred standard was written (there would have been red nosed pits around in those days, albeit in the US but what is popular there usually catches on here too its only a matter of time )
pete
Almost a Veteran

24-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
I think the real reason theyre not desirable is because that colour is associated with the APBT
i really dont think they cared that the apbt had some dogs with red noses when they made the breed standard .as there were pied , red and black brindle and all other colours at time included apart from blue i believe the same as apbt .
Runstock
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-02-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by CBT
I think the real reason theyre not desirable is because that colour is associated with the APBT
Maybe someone had the forsight to realise any dilution of the nose pigmentation is a possible health risk i.e. skin cancer
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >