View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I know what you mkean Ian, I've been trying to get my Dog Food selling business going but everytime I organise to go out at weekends to catch people when they're in it's blinking beepedee beeeep raining!
Becky
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Well I have had a good day at the Miner's Gala, it started at 8.30 this morning with the banner being paraded through the village, there wasn't many people behind it though this year which was a shame. I followed it right to where the buses were parked up to take us all to the main event in Durham. My carer met me en-route with one of her other clients and we had a chat.

When we got to Durham it wasn't very croweded, could have been better I think anyway. I followed it right through the procession onto the main field. I met a few people I know there too, Firstly my surgeon! he said I looked a lot better since the last time he saw me in Novemebr, I'm pleased about that, then two nurses from the ward I was in, then one of my other carer's. It seems I can't get away from hospitals and carer's.

Had a ride around, there wasn't much for me to do, it was mainly aimed at the kids - rides etc and drinkers, which I am not one, but I might have a drink tonight. I came back under my own steam, it took just under an hour to get back.

So all in all it has been a good day.

Here's some photo's

Ian
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 04:19 PM
looks like a good day out. glad u enjoyed yoirself. dont do any one any good staying indoors all the time.
we went to a village fete today and cleaned up on the tombola, won a lovely pair of crystal glasses, them won 2 bottles of wine to go in them
also bought a nice toy for ben
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 08:23 PM
I used to look forward to the Gala. It's a shame not so many folk go there now I remember when Durham used to be packed with people.

Glad you enjoyed it though
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself hun , good for you for not lettin the weather dampen your day out xxdk
ps pardon the pun
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes it was a great day, really enjoyed it.

Tonight I have been past one of the local pubs, it seemed to be packed, plenty music going etc, so I think that next Saturday I might try and get down there, and have a good night. I like to be around younger people, and I think that this pub attracts the younger ones of the village.

Ian
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Great to hear you had a nice day out Ian.Hopefully there will be many more eh,should get yourself down the local now.I know you said you don't drink but there are loads of peeps like yourself that don't drink out there too.xxxx
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I had a great day yesterday, but I am now paying the price, went to bed last night, took off my legs to find a great big spot of blood about the size of a £2 coin, soaked through 3 thick socks.

So now I am back into my wheelchair to rest the leg again!

Someone up there doesn't like me!

Ian
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Don't worry Ian when your time comes you can get your own back and run them over with your scooter :smt002
Becky
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Hi Ian,
Notice its a Bowburn banner is that were you are actually from. Have been to the miners gala a few times as my mum comes from mining stock,but North of the Tyne,and I was born in Newcastle.

Best wishes
Ha way the lads (unless of course your a mackem)

Jeanette
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >