View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2007, 05:09 PM
thanks for all your comments, metz has recovered well, she was very ill passing more blood than anything else, she didnt eat and one night nearly had a fit, the most obvious thing about parvo was the foul smell when she did the toilet. the vets couldnt prove it was parvo as it was afer 48hrs. thankfully metz was drinking plenty and was able to pull through it. we disinfected the back garden with something that is used for foot and mouth so if that doesnt kill it i don know wat will lol
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by metz View Post
thanks for all your comments, metz has recovered well, she was very ill passing more blood than anything else, she didnt eat and one night nearly had a fit, the most obvious thing about parvo was the foul smell when she did the toilet. the vets couldnt prove it was parvo as it was afer 48hrs. thankfully metz was drinking plenty and was able to pull through it. we disinfected the back garden with something that is used for foot and mouth so if that doesnt kill it i don know wat will lol
So glad to hear that she is well and has recovered

(There is a virus similar to Parvo, but not as fatal, and has similar signs (can't remember the name of the strain off the top of my head), but either way keeping vaccs up to date is definatley a must).
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear Metz is on the mend.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Poor Metz, so glad she's on the mend, I know our Vet said that Jack should have the full course of jabs again when we first got him, as we had no proof of his puppy jabs, but he said so many people think there immune for life from these jabs, when if fact they only last for about 14/15 months the most, so please be safe keep their innoculations up to date, I know you all know this but just telling you what my vet said
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 10:03 PM
I lost a pup to this horrific disease many years ago. He was a sweet black labrador. We had his first injection done but before his second was due he came down with it. I remember staying up night after night nursing him giving him water every hour through a syringe. Just willing him to come through it even though I knew in my heart he wasn't going to as he was so young. I also remember the vets last words to me " He's not going to last the night so lets get rid now." I was horrified. needless to say I found a new vet whom I have been with ever since. It was a bad enough time for me without those disgusting words. I knew that pup was going to die but there was no way I would leave him with that horrible vet. I brought him home and nursed him until he passed a few hours later. So everytime I hear the word parvo I think of my little boy Blue.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3