Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi, as far as i am aware there are 4 types of American Bulldog,

Standard - athletic
Johnson - Bully
Southern White - "original" working stock - very rangy imo
Hybrid - any combination of the above

although termed hybrid, a hybrid dog is as acceptable as a Johnsons, standard etc, S.G. Freddy Kreuger is a Hybrid. I could be wrong here ..... but I'm pretty sure all American Bulldogs originate from a collection of Southern whites acquired by Mr Johnson and Mr Scott, who set up their own "breeding programmes". There were other people involved also, Hines, Painter etc. Mr Johnson put an old english bulldogge created by a mr Dave Leavitt into his stock, and made the "Bully" Johnson's type, in the early '80s I think. It is well documented that a mr painter bred his ameican bulldogs with game bred APBT's in the Chicago area.

They are not yet recognised by the U.K. Kennel Club, but are N.K.C., A.B.A, ARF etc in the states, but you can register them with a private association, the ABRuk, in this country.

Lola looks gorgeous mate, lovely looking dog! Fit, just how i like them!

FOUND A GREAT WEBSITE, U GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT, HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN BULLDOG, WILL TELL YOU ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!

http://www.doggehouse.co.uk/history.htm

P.S. found this site just now, so if I have said anything incorrect, my apolgies from the start.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Cheers Ragga! Are they shown in other countries then and if so are all types shown together?
ragga_dood
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Yes, they do show in other countries, Sgt. Slaughter, the father of Chilli, our 9 month old "baby", is a hines bred dog, he is German Champion, Dutch Champion, and overall European Champion. I think he may be an English Champion also, but i'm not too sure of this. There are Johnson's only shows, Classic/ Standard shows, and "Bullbreeds" shows. Don't know too much about the "show" scene as i've yet to go to one, but i think they are judged due to "type", i.e. johnson's judged seperately from classic etc, I am currently in training with Bob, who is 22 months old, for strong dog competition. Great way of keeping fit, and Bob loves it! I am building muscle on him and increasing his stamina, (as if he needs it! ). Running up and down hills at 6.30 a.m. is great fun I can tell you!

Thanks

Will be Schutzund training Bob in the summer.
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks ragga_dood!

Not sure if I should move this else where? but whats your opinion on the KC not recognising AB as a breed in the UK?
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Lola is gorgeous and such a pretty name too
missyt
New Member!

17-02-2005, 01:52 AM
lola is absolutly gorgeous. Ive just sent ragga dood a pm cause i want an american bulldog pup off her.
Here is a picture of my american bull dog Tia shes nearly six months old and i love her to bits.

[img][680:768]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/leetyse/tialying.jpg[/img]
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 06:54 AM
What a cutie Lola is
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2005, 12:03 PM
She is adorable Afc very nice indeed.

Laura
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow missyt very cute! :smt007
In my opinion I'm very much in favour of the AB being KC registered. Although I think their reservations could be something to do with the varying types of AB?? Just a thought, not an expert on the breed. I only really came across American Bulldog from this forum and I have to say it's a breed I'd like to own one day, they have really nice proportions and seem a very biddable dog to have! Worthy of KC registration from my point of view.
peanut
Dogsey Junior

18-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Love Lola she is the double of my sisters american Bulldog Tia (I think she has already posted a reply).. ( American Bulldogs are a fantastic breed and very very bright I think anyone is lucky to own one
Raga-dood yours look fantastic too
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >