Our sister sites
afc101
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Breaking the law?!
Becky
thats fine, I agree! however claiming people have broken the law when they haven't is not on!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by afc101 View Post
thats fine, I agree! however claiming people have broken the law when they haven't is not on!

Which is why I started this thread to clarify that..

I don't want people thinking that me working my dogs is illegal..
maybe where I work them could be breaking the law by doing it on that particular road etc.. but not the act of doing it..

Oh and the law doesn't apply to Scotland.. so does that technically mean I can do it wherever I please:smt002
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:00 AM
To me using dogs to pull sleds is a 'green' mode of transport so maybe you racing guys should try and get this law repealed! Just imagine all the city workings mushing off to work in their suits!
Becky
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah being hoovered off as they enter the office!!

i don't go out the door in the morning without my trademark hairy clothes
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
When I had terriers people wouldn't sit on my chair in the office it got so hairy, even with excessive use of sellotape!
Becky
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Here's a thread I started way back about a little hobby Jake and I enjoy occasionally. I suppose technically it could be classed as 'draught'. Never done it on a road, obviously, but empty paths are fair game! My interpretation of a public highway is something you can get vehicles down, which obviously, you'd want to be wary of, law or no law.

Based on the assumption that Mr. Plod (Affectionate term, not necessarily an insult!) is hardly likely to be hiding in the bushes waiting for someone being pulled by a dog to come past, I shall continue to avoid roads and choose quiet times to get the board out when there aren't many folk walking down my favourite paths.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3