Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 09:19 AM
I taped it, I hope!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 09:50 AM
I watched it and recorded it, it was lovely and yes more than a box or two of tissues was needed, even my OH had tears in his eyes!!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Did anyone else watch the drama based on fact last night on ITV? It was about a little boy who suffered from autism and his grandma suggested getting a puppy. After some deliberation the parents agreed and the golden retriever pup made such a difference to the wee boy's life opening doors in his mind and emotions which truly made a difference to his quality of life. Great watch!
trace1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-12-2006, 11:19 AM
yeah i watched it, it was really good. my sister said that the little boy was on a morning show last week & he is 17 now but doing really well.
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2006, 11:26 AM
yeah i watched it. it was brill. cried alot though through it!!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 11:33 AM
couldnt watch it - would have flooded the world. my son has learning probs and since we got blackie nearly 2 years ago he has changed - was so scared of dogs ect now goes and asks to stroke biggest dogs. also shows one of the dogs and this boosts his ego when the dog does well.

dan when younger was like the boy portrayed and i would have found it too personal and painful.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh of course you would BM! But I think it was a great drama to show, as it so accurately portrayed the therapeutic role a dog can play in someone's life. It was so touching how much the wee boy trusted his dog and how in the end his love for the dog spilled over to his other relationships as well. I hope that Blackie will continue to help your own wee son,
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I watched it i thought it was really good ....
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Sore point in this household. I had said all week that I wanted to watch it and it was the only programme throughout the whole of Christmas that I wanted to see. We were out late afternoon/early evening with promises that we would be back in time for my programme.

After various reminders all evening we finally arrived home at 11pm. I was not happy
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2006, 02:59 PM
That's families for you!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >