Female 

08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Brilliant advise guys, I will be sure to try it all
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Nats it isn't anything you're doing wrong as such, but Roxy is just a different dog with different needs and wants and likes and dislikes So different course of action needed.

Yes, exactly - all dogs are different, and some are more "velcro" than others

Hope it goes well
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Hello everyone, I'd like to thank you all again for the brilliant advice given on my last post about seperation anxiety.

I think I've narrowed down on the cause (general distress) and I've narrowed down on the fix - A long walk!

As some of you know Roxy usually goes to my sisters but due to her two dogs trying to hump her she has been left at home again with my sister popping in at lunch. Again she hasn't been left alone for about a month. So yesterday my sister took her for a long walk at lunch gave her her kong and then Roxy was left for about 3 hours until I got home, when I got home there was no obvious howling and nothing chewed (not that she is much of a chewer anyway). There were all her 'sucking pillows' on our bed, but that is a good sign, means she was probably more busy sucking her pillows than barking.

She barked a bit as I opened the door (which she does anyway) and it sounded like one of those 'i've just woken up and my voice is all squeeky' barks.

So this morning again before work I took her out on a hours walk and left her with her kong and when my sister got there at 12 she said she couldn't here any barking at all. So she is in the process of taking Roxy out again now but I think this is working.

At the moment I have no definate confirmation she is not barking whilst I am out. But as my neighbour below has my mobile number and usually calls me whenever Roxy even makes a squeek I'm hoping Roxy obviously isn't distressing her. Only one more day to go and then Roxy probably wont be left again untill mid feb. But its such a relief to know that in extreme events like this there is a way to calm her down.

And like you have all said, I have been ignoring her before I go to work and when I get home. I have left the TV on (bbc1 again ) and curtains closed with windows shut.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Sounds as if its going well so far, hopefully the walks are tiring her out and she's sleeping for at least some of her time alone - and what with the kong and all,hasn't got time to worry about being alone..

Wys
x
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm glad you've found a solution to the S.A

Luca suffers from this, and at 4, she still has 'issue's' I can't leave her for any longer than half an hour, or something is usually destroyed I've been trying for over 2 years with this, and I'm only just making some headway with her
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3