Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes I tried it too Steve and couldn't get it back

It is the end of the world though - I liked my email at the top - I forget to go into it now. I think I would go back to Explorer 6 if I could but you can't once you have got 7 can you

You can uninstall IE7 Foxy if you want and go back to 6 by going to 'add or remove programs' and deleting it from there.Its gonna be a strange way of doing things i suppose since i've always used the old browser system which dates back some time and just needs a little time to get used to something new.In the day or so i've been using it-i prefer it to IE6 and like the additional features.

I tried 'Firefox' a while back when Azz recomended it,but i just couldnt get along with it and like you-instintivly clicked on IE instead.I ended up deleting it cause i very rarely have any probs with Windoze (i know this sounds odd!)
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for that Steve!!! I got it and its ace. I love the tab thingy and then when you close IE you can choose to auto reload allthose tabs again!! I have my email 0n my taskbar at the bottom left so its just a case of clicking on that icon to open it anyway....cheers babexxxxxxx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Het View Post
Thanks for that Steve!!! I got it and its ace. I love the tab thingy and then when you close IE you can choose to auto reload allthose tabs again!! I have my email 0n my taskbar at the bottom left so its just a case of clicking on that icon to open it anyway....cheers babexxxxxxx
No prob Het!

I really prefer this new style browser and the 'phishing' filter is handy.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 07:48 PM
For those people how don't know how to add the e mail icon on your IE 7 browser.

First you need to add it to the list you do this by clicking on tools then to toolbars then customise. Then you'll see a list of icons you can add pick what you want then click add.

Now what you have picked is now in the short cuts now you got to extend the tool bar so you need to unlock it.

First go to tools then toolbars and take the tick out of lock toolbars once that is done to the left of home click on it and drag to the left this will stretch out the tool bar to show what you have added.
strawboss
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I think thats a very rude answer from them - what would it take for them to redesign it with the email icon I have firefox too although for some stupid reason I keep clicking on Internet Explorer
I did some checking & the icon wasn't available in Beta 2 but I guess enough people did point it out,so it was made available in the Beta 3 & the final version, although not by default.
After trying Beta 2 I just gave up on it I guess
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
For those people how don't know how to add the e mail icon on your IE 7 browser.

First you need to add it to the list you do this by clicking on tools then to toolbars then customise. Then you'll see a list of icons you can add pick what you want then click add.

Now what you have picked is now in the short cuts now you got to extend the tool bar so you need to unlock it.

First go to tools then toolbars and take the tick out of lock toolbars once that is done to the left of home click on it and drag to the left this will stretch out the tool bar to show what you have added.
Cheers for that Marie-now i have the email icon on browser again!!!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Your welcome Steve
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-10-2006, 12:47 AM
If you want to use the old method of accessing your fav sites just right click on the tool bar at the top and add a tick next to Menu bar this will then show the menu bar listing File Edit View Favorites Tools Help With this enabled you know have more options to do what ever you want.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post

Thanks Marie - just managed to do it Its brilliant to have it back on top again.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3