View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 08:09 PM
although i know nothing about computers it does sound like a ebay error to me i mean if they had been at your computer y sell anything y not transfer money from your account on paypal or get all your pass words i would run a scan on your anti virus + spy ware just to check then i would do a windows live check scan just to see if anythin comes up
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
What you say has happened can all be done on e bay once they got your user/ password. If you got control back take a note of the e mail addy (that they changed it to)you might be able to get user info from the supplier of the address.
I couldn't get into ebay - went to the live chat help line, that was when they realised a Third Party was using my account. By the time I did get in ebay had changed all my details back to me with a new password. Hence I didn't get to see the email address - when I asked ebay - they just said they were investigating it!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-09-2006, 07:34 AM
The security that you got on your system the anti virus and cleaner are very good many times I have asked windows to do something and it didn't clear or delete something so the window washer is a good idea (adjust settings to apply bleach if not already done)

Firewalls the best sort you can get is a hardware one this generally comes in the form of a router/ modem and very hard to hack the other is software most of these are good and do their job but some take more system resources than others and can slow some down if you have got a hardware firewall in the form of a modem/ router use windows firewall so that will be 2 firewalls you got and your kaspersky anti virus you should be pretty safe with enough to keep kids out learning the trade because no self respecting hacker with any skill would even attempt to hack a home system no information worth taking from them and no challenge.
Since you have a legit copy of windows I would recommend you downloading windows defender from Microsoft’s site it free for you to download and is a good a spyware program

I have not heard of a home system being hacked a system been infected with a virus that keeps ports open for persons to come in that is a form of hacking but not in it's true form.

You got think that most viruses have been installed by the user because it was on an attachment from a source they trusted or they just didn't understand what was being asked and they just opened it.

I know for a fact that the anti virus that you use scans all the web pages that you look at and is that tight by default that it quarantines any attachments as these are a security risk to the system.

My anti virus (same as yours) has protected my system from infections that come in from web pages don't let that alarm you because I got to places where these things are an everyday thing and a excepted risk web page loading up kaspersky squeals at me Trojan trying to get in on the web page. This might not be a true Trojan as it just has the appearance of one and the anti virus stopped it.

I'm going on abit here so i'll stop and take a breath
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
u can jsut set ie and firefox to delete temp files when u clsoe the window.
how would i do this??? and what are temporary files???thankyou
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2006, 10:19 AM
First of all temporary Internet Files (or cache) folder contains Web page content that is stored on your hard disk for quick viewing. This cache permits Internet Explorer to download only the content that has changed since you last viewed a Web page, instead of downloading all the content for a page every time it is displayed.

To configure IE to empty the temp internet files do the following.

At the top of IE there is a tab labled TOOLS click that then you want internet options at the bottom then click the advanced tab and schroll down untill you get to Security then find the option Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed put a green tck in the box Apply it then ok.

Thats it your done IE should empty the temp files folder ever time you close the browser
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 10:34 AM
thankyou
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 11:37 AM
This happened to my ex the other week.

They got his hotmail password, and got into his ebay and tried to sell Rolex's!

He managed to sort it out, but had to set up a new hotmail account.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3