View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I can understand why you are so mad Steve, its bloody infuriating some of the things they do these days isn't it - I would love to go back to the days when they got a clip round the ear if they did wrong I hate the fact that all these teenagers are running riot and nobody can say or do anything to them - and they know it

Poor Vegas - he looks so fed up Bet you're not so pleased either I know when Sabre cut an artery in his paw after a walk it was about £80 or maybe more cos he had to be sedated to get the bandage off because the vet said if he wriggled it could set it off bleeding again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Awww poor Vegas,hope he is feeling better.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 03:53 PM
*hugs* to Vegas from Teagan and I.

Teagan sympathises, as she has had a lot of sore paws
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I know just how you feel Steve, theres a park near me which seems to be a haven for drunks during the day, and teenagers at night playing music and drinking. So we get broken glass (not easy to see in the grass which is often left to grow too long before its cut) and a real mess in the mornings, carrier bags and beer cans all over the place. Once they had a Bar B Q and left the coals all over the grass. Ive asked the council to lock the gates at night, but they wont. Says it costs too much.

Hope brandy gets on OK, he sure looks sorry for himself. I always say that dogs dont make a lot of fuss when they are hurt, so I guess its feeling pretty sore.
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:14 PM
If you need a hand knocking some heads... I'm well up for a good little t*** kicking!!! They should be made to walk on hands and feet across broken glass, with a ball gag in their mouths so they can't say a word to anyone about just how much it hurts, or how wrong it is that the glass was there...

Ein did both her back paws last year, from fly tipping, then, after they had healed, months later actually, it was icey and the new skin wasn't that tough and she got sort of stuck to the frosty path, tearing the new skin off....she was leaving bloody foot marks but never noticed, neither did I till I went to pick up poo and saw the trail she had left..

It happened to one of our ponies too, glass went right up into her hoof, causing her to go lame, but there was no sign of anything in the small puncture wound, it looked like just a small cut at the side of her frog, then she got an abcess that nearly burst through the corronet and she had to have a lot of her hoof cut away inside, she was stable bound and unable to walk for 3 months, on bute for the pain and really miffed, as it was the height of summer.... and all her friends were out in the field. Then another pony went very lame too, so they could keep each other company... 2 horses on 6 legs... because little piss head arseholes don't get the beatings they deserve....
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Poor Vegas, he looks very sorry for himself.

I can well understand how furious you are, apart from the obvious pain for that poor boy of yours, you also have a vet bill and being Sunday it doesnt come cheap.

I now don't go to the pond near me as there is glass all over not to mention all the other rubbish that has been thrown in. I worry that my dogs are injured in there. There are Asda shopping trolleys, cycle frames and I even saw a broken up motorbike in there. It doesn't matter how many times it is reported to the authorities, and cleaned up, the next time you go there is something else in there. A local youth group made some lovely seats to put in there around the paths and a week later they had all been burnt. What a waste of time and hard work.

Give that gorgeous dog of yours a hug from me. Karen
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Ohh Steve, how awful - poor Vegas looks thoroughly dejected .

Don't kids like that make you want to kill them The mentality of some of them is unbelievable, what on earth do they get out of doing stuff like that

I hope Vegas makes a quick recovery soon, poor lamb all he wanted was a cool dip
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 04:28 PM
aww poor Vegas at least they gave him a blue bandage though and not pink, that would have been the icing on the cake!

I don't blame you for being so angry Steve. No one expects kids to be little angels all the time, but its just the lack of respect that they seem to have. Its the Scarecrow festival in the next village this weekend, people put a lot of time and effort in, but last night there was some major vandalism, tents wrecked and scarecrows ruined. Its just so sad and something that seems to be creeping into our little villages up here now.

I hope Vegas paw heals up quickly, poor fella
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks all!

It seems Vegas blames me for his injury cause he's sent me to Coventry all day and if i go to give him a cuddle-he'll even move his head!
In the vets though,he broke my heart cause when the vet was flushing the wound out,it was obviously causing him much pain and Vegas was almost crying . I know he's a bit of a big girls blouse when it comes to pain,but no one likes to actually hear their pet making them noises . The wound is less than 10mm long,but deep which explains why there was so much blood comming out and my car desperately needs a clean...

Still fed up with the morons who smashed the glass,but atleast i dont live there.This country park is 5-6 miles away and has been plagued with vandals since the day it was opened.A while back,they set fire to the iron age style building and then when it was repaired-they ripped the thatch from the roof and set alight to that!

Im begining to understand why some animals eat their young...
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Poor vegas I hope it heals quickly. And that he stops sulking

I know how angry you feel, there is so much glass around here I am so scared when walking Bailey.

He cut his foot once I'm not sure if it was from the glasss but it probably was.
I don't understand what is so fun about smashing bottles
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >