View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Yes, this is what the engineer told me! He said they hadn't quite mastered the bagless ones (they're made in China!)and he was forever changing the motors in them because of the dust problem getting into the motor, so he said he was converting them all to bagless! Is it a dust Manager model you've got a red one like mine then?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Yes, this is what the engineer told me! He said they hadn't quite mastered the bagless ones (they're made in China!)and he was forever changing the motors in them because of the dust problem getting into the motor, so he said he was converting them all to bagless! Is it a dust Manager model you've got a red one like mine then?

Hmm sounds like I'm in for trouble with it then doesn't it No its a green model not a red one - they have probably just changed the colour.

This is it.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ustmanager.jpg
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, that's the one Foxy - unfortunately! See how it goes, but make sure you regularly take out the big long filter behind the motor and give it a good bashing! Lol! Also,the fluffy bit of felt at the bottom sitting underneath the plastic dirt collector, it might help to keep these particularly clean. Why not give Hoover a ring and ask them why it keeps cutting out like it does? They might even say the same as me, you never know!! They're very, very helpful at Hoover, don't bother with an Argos after-sales peson, go direct to Hoover.

This might not come out properly coz I went to edit my last post (changing bagless to bagged!) and ended up with this quick reply box after I'd edited anyway, so we'll just see what happens here!! Lol! Sorry to go off topic, I wanted to explain myself in case this goes pear shaped! Lol!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hiya Helen,

Yes its a bagless one with the removable plastic thing that you empty. I have an Hoover purepower one upstairs that I use for the bedrooms and that has a bag in it. I have had electrolux bagless ones before and havent had any problems with them - so is it just the Hoover ones that cut out?
Aint that bizzare-i too keep a bag type Hoover upstairs for the bedrooms,landing etc!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Aint that bizzare-i too keep a bag type Hoover upstairs for the bedrooms,landing etc!
I've got one in the kitchen too for using in the kitchen (although its an Electrolux and not a Hoover )
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Only reason i have 2 Foxy is cause when i bought mine (a Hoover Hurricanne 1600w)-i got a Hoover cylinder vacuum cleaner free which saves me dragging the upright upstairs coz im a lazy git!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Only reason i have 2 Foxy is cause when i bought mine (a Hoover Hurricanne 1600w)-i got a Hoover cylinder vacuum cleaner free which saves me dragging the upright upstairs coz im a lazy git!

Yes thats why I have two too - its easier to get the kids to hoover their rooms if it is only a few feet away - although saying that - they rarely do it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3