View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Try not to also fall in the trap of feeding mostly pet minces...Try whole items (cut in to managable portions for a small pup) and try to include a fair bit of good quality variations. I get all my stuff from a meat wholesalers and only really get tripe from 'suppliers' of pet food.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Yep its always nice to know you`re not the only one feeling/felt scared stiff isn`t it And when I started it I had 1 book & an internet connection that was so unreliable it wasn`t true & then it conked out altogether leaving me on my own

Great news finding a supplier, thats half the battle

You n pup`ll be fine wait n see
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Mys, I found the supplier in the britbarf files bit, fraid I can't be picky living in the north east! I don't think Landywoods deliver all the way up here!

I hope so Christine! If not I'll just blame you and Mys!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Just want to say listen to Mys and Christine and you won't go wrong, Sansorella is another one as well. They have all really helped me a lot and my 2 six month old girls are doing really well now thanks to their guidance and input. I changed them over 2 months ago from dried and they are really happy and healthy, and the big plus is no more smelly poos!!!!
Christine, I have changed them onto Omega 3 fish oil tablets from Cod Liver Oil, is this what you meant?
Thanks again to everybody who has given me advice and help.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Mys, I found the supplier in the britbarf files bit, fraid I can't be picky living in the north east! I don't think Landywoods deliver all the way up here!

I hope so Christine! If not I'll just blame you and Mys!
wait n see just wait n see Rip
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Like Christine said whole items are the best cuz then the guess work is taken out for you, it's as nature intended...Do think of 'prey' and try to make up amounts accordingly. If like me you sometimes can't get whole items, still put the food together with the prey model in mind, that's what I do.

(remember you don't have to try to feed the little small pup a whole chicken for instance....you cut the chicken up into meal size peices for a small dog and spread it over how ever many meals it takes to be gone. This = the same with whatever other whole items you can source. Think outside of just chicken remember *grin*. My dogs get a whole chicken chopped roughly in half as they are big)
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks TW
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
Like Christine said whole items are the best cuz then the guess work is taken out for you, it's as nature intended...Do think of 'prey' and try to make up amounts accordingly. If like me you sometimes can't get whole items, still put the food together with the prey model in mind, that's what I do.

(remember you don't have to try to feed the little small pup a whole chicken for instance....you cut the chicken up into meal size peices for a small dog and spread it over how ever many meals it takes to be gone. This = the same with whatever other whole items you can source. Think outside of just chicken remember *grin*. My dogs get a whole chicken chopped roughly in half as they are big)
Ah ok I like that idea, much easier! What is the percentage again between say RMB and ofal etc?
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
Just want to say listen to Mys and Christine and you won't go wrong, Sansorella is another one as well. They have all really helped me a lot and my 2 six month old girls are doing really well now thanks to their guidance and input. I changed them over 2 months ago from dried and they are really happy and healthy, and the big plus is no more smelly poos!!!!
Christine, I have changed them onto Omega 3 fish oil tablets from Cod Liver Oil, is this what you meant?
Thanks again to everybody who has given me advice and help.
Thanks very much T/W, lovely to hear they`re doing so well
Yes thats what I meant about the fish oils
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

27-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Ah ok I like that idea, much easier! What is the percentage again between say RMB and ofal etc?
Not sure what you mean about % between rmb & offal rip, offal has no bone in it.

Example for a days meal for a pup of say 3mths :-

brekky, chicken leg or thigh

Lunch, meat only meal of pork/turkey/beef/lamb or fresh fish with pureed veg/fruit & egg without shell

dinner, whole quail/s or chicken breast with wing

thats just a very rough example. If I had to cut whole chickens/rabbit etc up I`d spread them out over a couple of days. In between meals they`d have some rib bones or knuckle bones to chew on, maybe a whole apple/pear/toms etc to play & eat

they`ll get balance & variety over time, not in a day
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >