Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Howdy Foxy!

When you make a toastie,do you still butter both sides of bread and does it seal the edges??? I know its my fault for probably stuffing too much filling inside,but cheese in particular always finds a small gap and then pumps out.

And what cheese remains inside tends to be hotter than the sun and burns my gob...
Actually I haven't used it yet my o/h usually does it He says he just does it like a cheese sandwich and puts it in. It doesn't seal the edges though, which is one of the things I like because I didn't like the hardness of the sealed edges.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Actually I haven't used it yet my o/h usually does it He says he just does it like a cheese sandwich and puts it in. It doesn't seal the edges though, which is one of the things I like because I didn't like the hardness of the sealed edges.
lol-lady of leisure eh...

Does the filling stay inside of sarnie then Foxy and does it burn your gob???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
The sandwich press that I have got Steve is totally flat top and bottom so you don't need to remove it because it just needs a wipe over with a damp cloth - they don't get messy.
Sounds like you've got the same as me Foxy It's called a sandwich press I think rather than a sandwich maker, and Steve no matter what falls out of yours it won't stick!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sounds like you've got the same as me Foxy It's called a sandwich press I think rather than a sandwich maker, and Steve no matter what falls out of yours it won't stick!
We have one, love it!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks Helen!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:18 PM

Yes it's the Breville sandwich press that I have Helen I prefer them to the old Brevilles with the shaped plates cos they were really hard to clean
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:18 PM
lol-lady of leisure eh...

Does the filling stay inside of sarnie then Foxy and does it burn your gob???

As far as I know the filling stays in Steve it's all pressed together. There are other things you can use them for too.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 08:21 PM
We make toasties the old fashioned way Butter two bits of bread and then put one bit in the frying pan- butter side down....put the filling on it and then put 2nd bit of bread, butter side up on the top. Fry gently and then turn it over and fry the other side

Especially good with cheese slices and marmite
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Howdy Foxy!

When you make a toastie,do you still butter both sides of bread and does it seal the edges??? I know its my fault for probably stuffing too much filling inside,but cheese in particular always finds a small gap and then pumps out.

And what cheese remains inside tends to be hotter than the sun and burns my gob...

same here steve, but they taste good, specially ham, cheese and tom
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by parker
I have one of those. (Purple I think - only used it twice - with lines that run down where the fat runs out - has a bun warmer bit on the top)

I would NEVER have thought you could make a crispy fatty toastie in it Are you making a healthy option ? If not could you please let a bear of small brain know how to use it for toasties. Thank you very much
mines a green and silver one

I just butter the outside of my bread and put the filling in close it and it all gets nice and cooked inside, ok so some of the butter runs away but its still nice my fave is cheese and onion toasty hmmmmmmm

Mo
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >