View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 03:43 PM
ok, i jus tried to give indie a chicken wing.. but she wont eat it... i mean.. she hasnt eaten for 2 days... surely she should be eating it?

She was sick this mornin several times, but of course.. her tummy was empty, and she sorta ate a few biccies cos i threw them on the lawn

Sally suggested she might be coming into season? but shes only 6 months....

any suggestions anyone?
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 03:50 PM
When I gave mine their very first chicken wing, it took them a while to realise it was edible. She should get it eventually

Mitch
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi Jenny, are you only going to feed her ch/wings? Theres a bit more to raw feeding than just them
I`n in a bit of hurry right now but your dog will need to have meat without bone as well as meat on the bone. The veggies are`nt given instead of a meat meal they`re as well as or optional. She`ll need to have about 2-3% of meat/bones of her body weight. I don`t give my lot many wings, my 5mth old has drumstcks, adults have the whole thigh. I`ll try & expand more on it later but we`re in for a storm & I`ll probably lose my connection till it clears. Meanwhile look up raw feeding or join the britbarf uk forum on yahoo for more info.
Christine.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 04:39 PM
I feed my Beardies raw and have to say I agree with Christine you can't really feed only chicken wings.

I feed tripe, chicken, liver, kidney, heart, beef, lamb, turkey also tinned sardines and pilchard and raw eggs

For the bone part they get chicken wings legs thighs sometimes a whole chicken cut up if the supermarket has them cheap enough. pork ribs or lamb flank turkey drumsticks.

I work on a starting figure of 2-3% of their body weight and adjust from that if they are fat/thin. Within that figure I feed about 40% RMB and 60% meat.

I don't give veg every day but do add Evening primrose Oil Vit E and Fish Body Oil every day.

That's what I do but it's the same as if you ask what complete food people use you'll get many different answers and raw feeders are the same they all have slight differences in the content of what they feed
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi, got a bit worried so grabbed a few links for you to look at to get a better idea
http://www.njboxers.com/faqs.htm
http://www.touchmoon.com/dotters/raw/index.shtml
http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html
http://www.willowglen.com/barf.htm

Christine
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 05:01 PM
oh dont worry, im not jus gonna feed her chicken wings.. its jus sumin to start her on so as not to upset her tummy. Shes finally havin a look at the chicken wing so will have to see.

When i go back to the butchers on monday i'll have a look for different meats... what do you suggest as i dont want to upset her tummy.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 06:20 PM
mine are on raw ( and occasionally cooked) diet Jenny- consisiting of various meats, offal, fish, veggies, pasta, rice and fruit and marrow bones once a week. Its easier than I thought it would be and they much prefer it too- and even look better I think
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2004, 06:27 PM
This may be useful to people who feed or are considering feeding there dogs on the raw stuff

http://www.landywoodpetfoods.co.uk

Landywood Pet Foods produce and distribute high quality pet feeds of a quality fit for human consumption.
mitch
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2004, 11:09 PM
I was told raw food was the only food that was ok to switch over to straight away, rather than doing it slowly over a few days.
I had no problems, but like you Jenny I started with chicken wings.
Mine get just over 2% of their body weight, which is roughly a lb per day. Their diet should roughly consist of 60% rmb 25% muscle meat 10% offal and 5% veg. (so I was told ) obviously that would even itself out over the weeks, as it couldnt be given like that daily. So the 5% veg with raw eggs including shells I would give in one or two meals over the week, usually mixed with mince or liqidized liver to make it more appealing they like it.
They usually get rmb for breakfast (mainly chicken wings)
Then for tea it's either heart, liver, lamb, pork, tripe, mince, rabbit, fish, oxtail or the veggie mix. They also love pigs trotters and a good bone.

Mitch.
pete
Almost a Veteran

29-10-2004, 11:18 PM
is it same for pups as for adults ,might be silly question but just thought with pups complete food bein different from adult .
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >