Female 

14-03-2006, 02:25 PM
brilliant,loved the one over the hall,shows the huge crowd,i forgot my camera
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by random
She loved the tollers Hannah, but I think she is now swaying towards a kooiker, because there was a toller breeder there said the tollers werent usually very good with cats, and have been known to kill them on sight, and she owns 9 cats. So she was gutted as she had her heart set before she went to Crufts, but I think she's still thinking it over.
Kooiker are nice dogs, must admit I had never heard that about cats , Loki doesnt seem at all bothered about our neighbours cat and never shows any interest in it at all really when it goes past, I am sure I read they were ok with cats and other animals but definately going to look into that cause I may have to be extra careful next time I go to my parents as they have a cat. Hope she finds the right dog for her whatever the breed!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Great photos Random, I could easily of sat through 130 pictures no problem. The dogs were lovely. Was that you on the first photo, lovingly stroking the Dax? I loved that one!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Hannah
Kooiker are nice dogs, must admit I had never heard that about cats , Loki doesnt seem at all bothered about our neighbours cat and never shows any interest in it at all really when it goes past, I am sure I read they were ok with cats and other animals but definately going to look into that cause I may have to be extra careful next time I go to my parents as they have a cat. Hope she finds the right dog for her whatever the breed!
I think that it varies in the individual dog, I know ppl with daxies which are bred for rabbiting, and they live in harmony and snuggle up with their rabbits. But I guess it's a chance she would have to take, and with 9 cats she's just not too sure at the moment. But some dogs are very high on instinct, so that would be dangerous if she got a puppy that was
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Great pictures - thanks for sharing!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Great photos Random, I could easily of sat through 130 pictures no problem. The dogs were lovely. Was that you on the first photo, lovingly stroking the Dax? I loved that one!
lol aww no that was their breeder. I was taking the photo, but I did get to go inside the pen and have a cuddle!
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by random
I think that it varies in the individual dog, I know ppl with daxies which are bred for rabbiting, and they live in harmony and snuggle up with their rabbits. But I guess it's a chance she would have to take, and with 9 cats she's just not too sure at the moment. But some dogs are very high on instinct, so that would be dangerous if she got a puppy that was
Have been having a look through the sites I used when I first started researching Tollers and cant see any mention of them being aggressive with cats or any animal aggression at all, I am wondering if it was perhaps a one off or one particular line, because I know my breeder owns cats I asume without problems, although will ask her about it next time I call her. I think you are right and its down to the individual dog though and a pup brought up with all those cats I should imagine would be fine but can see why your friend is having a re-think!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks hannah i'll let her know that, was just what the breeder said really put her off.

Will tell her what you have just said tho thank you
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Just for Bellaluna

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >