View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi J Luna will be fine just fine, my two will be spayed this year when I finally get round to it they hate being confined on lead during their seasons although they come in together and I have had no problems at all ith either of them towards each other or towards other dogs, maybe my two are perfect but I doubt it.

Every other bitch I have owned has been spayed and have had no "problems" at all.
She'll be fine.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Hmmmn well Polly was speyed earlier this year, she was allways very close to me and could be a mardy lil bitch around others, but she has become a lot more deffensive and snappy since being speyed. She is far less tolerant of other animals and certain people, she has gotten a little bit of podge on her, and her wirey coat has lost its wire and has gone well wooly
She still has all nippled intact and her scar is fading away in places now..........
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:51 PM
I personally would spay a bitch that i wasnt going to take a litter from, the JRT we have (rescue) came to us spayed, the Hunt Terrier was un-neutered at a year old, and having come from a home where the levels of abuse were horrific added to the fact that he had been allowed to roam for hours per day, and had been encouraged to fight with other dogs made him difficult to train. The first two trainers i took him to, suggested that euthanasia was the only sensible answer, i refused to accept this, and found a better trainer and had him neutered. From that day we have never looked back, he shows no agression to other dogs, and is the kindest most gentle dog i have ever met. Amber the Smooth Vizsla has severe HD/DJD, so as soon as we discovered this she was spayed. Holly the PRT, again, not suitable for show, i was never going to breed from her, so i had her spayed also.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 08:55 PM
J I have to say again neither of my previous bitches have had any aggresion problems before or after spaying Gypsy was a bit of towards other dogs but she was no way less tolerant r stroppy after being spayed she was not allowed to be before and saw no reason for that to change. They never lost their shape either - just need to keep up the excercise and not increase the treats

Karen
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Teagan was spayed early this year (after 1 season)
It hasn't changed her, she's very laid back, and gets on with all dogs and people she meets.
I think Jackie will vouch for her temprement, as she let her daughter (Danni Leigh) lay with Teagan the first time they met

EDIT: Here is a pic of Teagans tummy. She looks fat on the pic, but she's not! Since she was spayed, I find it hard to keep weight on her, and she has to have more food!

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I have 2 speyed bitches and have had 2 others, none of them showed any aggression to people or dogs either before or after speying, they were completely unaltered. Breeze's (Border terrier) coat is still harsh and crisp, my Papillons coat is thicker than it was, but very managable, the Lab and JRT's coat was unchanged.
Dawn.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Oooh loads of responses

Thank you all

Karen: Thank you and I'm sure your 2 will be fine aswell. And I dont think Luna will be aggressive either.. I cant see why she should be. Oh the exercise.. looks like I'm gonna have to get serious about the biking thing then

Luke: you say Polly already was a bit "mardy" around other dogs.. Is that a positive or negative thing??

Abbey: Here in Denmark, I think we are still a great way behind the UK and US... Its still not the "norm" to have non-breeding dogs spayed or neutered.

Heather: Thank you and I dont think she looks fat But then I've seen the recent pics of her.. Hope she's getting a bit of weight put on, poor girl.. And that her paws are healing

Dawn: thank you again. Oooh you've had a lab??

I so wish I had the money right now.. I would have her booked in a heartbeat... Let's hope the vetschool's list arent too long, eh?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 09:55 PM
My two will be fine they are young fit and healthy.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Dawn: thank you again. Oooh you've had a lab??
I have had 2! I grew up with my first, here before I was born, the most super dog anyone could ever wish for. Had him till I was 11 and he was almost 13.
Dawn.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2005, 10:13 PM
This is my Rosie just after she was spayed! Please remember she had not long had a litter!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie 29.3.2005 003.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie 29.3.2005 002.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1772  
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »