View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Teagan has just had 3 raw chicken wings for tea (with bones), and vegetables! Yum!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 07:47 PM
You really feed them frozen??

I know about frozen kongs.. , but the rmb frozen... hmm
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Jeanette they last longer frozen
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Hiya, for those who want to feed grains & pulses I`ve found a site with some recipes, they look very much like the recipes Pitcairns gives

Anyway it should give you a lot of ideas

http://www.naturalpetcare.co.uk/nutr...dogrecipe.html
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by tuti
Jeanette they last longer frozen
I can understand that.. But to give everything frozen.. I can understand one wing or something...

If I have eaten a lot of cold things, I can feel it in my tummy... Not always a nice feeling
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I wish I had the time to feed raw, but I work full time, so just don't. I feed what I consider to be pretty close to natural food/veg which is Nature Diet. My two love it, and they also get frozen mince as a treat and raw marrow bones to keep the old peggies nice and clean. I think when I retire I will be changing over (gradually) to raw - my dogs go mad for it!
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I wish I had the time to feed raw, but I work full time, so just don't. I feed what I consider to be pretty close to natural food/veg which is Nature Diet. My two love it, and they also get frozen mince as a treat and raw marrow bones to keep the old peggies nice and clean. I think when I retire I will be changing over (gradually) to raw - my dogs go mad for it!

Hi Vicki

I work full time too

I dont think it takes any longer than before.. I buy in big stock and then I spend some time at that point packing in portions.. But after that, I just take a bag out of the freezer...
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi,
Amy will ocassionally have a frozen bone,something for her to chew on for longer especially in the summer when its hot
Her meals though do get defrosted every day & it doesnt seem to take any longer to prepare for her
I do still worm her every 6 months as a precaution as she comes into contact with quite a few other dogs,rolls in their *business* & ive got small kids here as well.

sarah
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I do a kind of compromise.

Loki has a Burns kibble breakfast

For supper he has raw AMP/Nature's Choice meat (containes around 5% bone for calcium), raw and cooked veg and boiled brown or wholemeal rice. Also fish oil and garlic. Sometimes he has tinned salmon/other fish or cooked liver.

As extras he has raw chicken pieces (with bone), raw or scrambled egg, pieces of fruit, Burns Kelties, baked liveretc.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
It certainly is upto the owner of the dog which diet you chose. Most people cannot subject themselves to give dogs raw, which is understandable,I was once one of them. Now I have a Northern Inuit and the closest to a wolf so I have had to change my objections, she loves raw, I serve most carcasses to her frozen after pouring boiling water over them to rid of any bacteria. Dogs love raw food its their heritage but some do prefer to have it in a tin. My Barney (x-breed) prefers tesco tinned food to raw. So its to the dogs taste I think. I used to be a vegetarian!!Im fickle!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >