View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 03:23 PM
there are some lovely stories there it is so nice to remember some things even if at the time they where very serious or danerous or sad and now we can look back and think of them in different ways very nice thank you all
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 04:01 PM
As a baby, my mum told me that I used to grab a loaf of bread that she'd placed at the bottom of my pram, and bite a hole in the middle of each slice, then throw it round the street

When my Mum used to dress me, I used to walk out of the room then proceed to take everything off, including underwear, than stand on the first landing, waving at everyone that walked down the street in front of the house (nothing much changed in adulthood )

I hated my little sister, she used to follow me everywhere, so I used to lock her in the coalshed and leg it. She'd be in there for ages until our Mum let her out. I also used to put her on the seesaw in the garden, and bounce her so hard, she fell off it and I used to leg it again, knowing she wouldn't be able to follow me.

I also used to talk a glass eye to sleep. That hasn't changed
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 04:13 PM
My mum said I had to let my little brother play with me and my friend, so I told him he could be a statue but had to keep v e r y s t i l l throughout the game ....

As a baby I used to jump in my cot and move it around the room so that it barred the door and nobody could get in.

I used to love to take all the books out of the book case and watch as my mum put them back in ... then I'd take them all out again, and again, and again ...
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 04:16 PM
i remeber haveing a op at about 2 years old still remeber the bars of the cot i was in white and rusty at the london hospital in whitechapel not saying what the op was
also remeber my sisters leaveing me on the side of a canal lucky for my my dad could see from the flat we lived in was 18 bferoe i went there again
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
My mum said I had to let my little brother play with me and my friend, so I told him he could be a statue but had to keep v e r y s t i l l throughout the game ....
Originally Posted by Wolfie
When my Mum used to dress me, I used to walk out of the room then proceed to take everything off, including underwear, than stand on the first landing, waving at everyone that walked down the street in front of the house (nothing much changed in adulthood )
Originally Posted by Foxy
My sister also put a wringing wet cardigan on me because she wanted me to look nice and clean for when mum got home
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Norty When I was three I was taken to a family wedding by my aunt. Having spent most of the wedding breakfast on the floor under the table I suddenly emerged to stand on my chair and in front of everyone announced "Needles and pins, needles and pins when a man marries his troubles begin.
somany interesting things and now i know i am normal something you could write a book about lucky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 04:28 PM
You mentioning bread Wolfie, reminds me of when my mum used to send me up to the shops every morning for one of those long french sticks. Well, I thought it was so nice munching it all on the way home that every time I got back there was hardly anything left of it! Why did she keep sending me then???

Another time when I was very young, my step-sister took me to a very busy French market (in France) where she bought me this huuuuge hot dog (well I thought it was big coz I was only little) and I smothered it in mustard. Half way round the market, this great big fat french woman bumped into me and knocked my sausage out of it's roll but as it bounced of her dress it plastered it all down the front in yellow mustard! She was not happy and started yelling French swear words at my big sister who was dragging me away to hide in the crowds! I thought it was hilarious!
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 05:51 PM
i was the youngest of two sisters so i got all blame when thay did wrong
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 07:25 PM
I remember being taken down town by my mum on the back of her pushbike (strapped to a tiny seat) to see the cattle auctions going on.These auctions closed down in about 1972-1973 (i was born in 1970) and can still remember the cows,sheep,pigs being led round the auction shed.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 08:56 PM
i remember getting myself lost in woolworths and being fed sweets,and everytime we went into wollies after that i used to try n get lost (for more sweeties)
and when i was 3 i used to go to a nursery (run by nuns) and every afternoon we had to have a sleep,well i didnt want to sleep on day so i sat there and tied all the shoes together,and buckled them all together,crept back into bed but still go into trouble id forgotten to do my own i was eventully expelled from nursery for biting a nun i was not even 4 years old then my parents said i was a real handfull
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:39 PM
I was 4 when my sister was born and she had a high pitched scream that didnt stop until she got what she wanted! As a 4 yr old I (apparently) used to say 'for gods sake give it to her it will shut her up'! I wonder where I got that from!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >